Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jillnaples06 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2009, 08:48 AM
    Stuck sliding glass door
    I have a 8' multi-window slider. It has always been kind of loud but recently it is extremely difficult to open. We removed the doors and cleaned the track and sprayed it w/ silicone. It worked but not great or smooth. Within a week I was right back where I started. The wheels look operable but I am thinking that is my next step. When we removed the door, we removed 2 screws on the sides at the bottom but it didn't appear to do anything. We don't know how to remove the wheels. Can anyone help?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 11, 2009, 02:16 PM

Those rollers are usually in their own compartment that comes out as a unit, its is spring loaded and I suspect your spring is broken.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2009, 10:39 PM

The screws that u removed,where they recessed and on edge of door? If so, they were the adjusting screws for the rollers. They are used to raise and lower rollers.

Put screws back in and spray rollers with WD40. This may loosen up rollers. Take weight off rollers and adjust down to track.

Good luck

Chuck
    jillnaples06 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2009, 08:22 AM

Had a pro come look and the barrings were shot. Well worth the $110! Thanks for both of your direction!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lubricate Sliding Glass Door [ 6 Answers ]

Our sliding glass door to the backyard has become more difficult to open and I'm wondering what can be done, if some type of lubricant is supposed to be used or does it need some repair to the metal track or the door itself. Any suggestions/resources are appreciated.

Warped sliding glass door frame causes door to stick. [ 5 Answers ]

The center of our 8 foot sliding glass door bends out about 3/8 inch more than the two ends causing the door to wedge against trim that keeps the door from falling out when the door is closed making it difficult to open the door. How do I get the center of the door frame into place so the door...

Sliding glass door stuck [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone have any good tips on getting a sliding glass door open? It is a Pella, it's most likely around 15 years old, it's still in great shape. The problem is that, the latch has broken in the locked position, I have tried sticking a srewdriver in the hole and turning the latch, no luck....

Sliding glass door [ 2 Answers ]

My sliding glass door to the patio, after your lock it and check it, moves a little bit to the left. It is still locked, but it moves. Is this normal and safe?

Sliding glass door [ 1 Answers ]

I need basic instructions for installing a sliding glass door. Irene

View more questions Search