Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    derris Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2009, 06:29 AM
    My new poulin 300 will cut off when I release the brake to engage mower.
    Greeting,

I just bought a Poulin Pro 300 tractor lawn mower,

When I release the brake peddle it cuts off, the throttle is set to half way mark but cuts off when I raise to full throttle, what seems to be the problem?

Thanks for your help,

Signed: in bad need of a lawn cutting.
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2009, 01:15 PM

Check the grounding on the safety switch under the seat. The switch could also be bad.

Your weight on the seat lets the lawn mower know you are in it to operate it.

The brake being on also is the same deal. If the brake is set then the mowers brake safety switch is basically the same thing but letting that off and the seat switch isn't working mower thinks no one is there to control the mower.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2005 Huskee riding mower PTO won't engage and mower dies [ 12 Answers ]

Replaced battery with new one, within several starts the new battery was drained. Mower will start by jumping but only runs a few minutes then dies, also the PTO will not engage at all (replaced PTO switch and still won't engage) does not even attempt to engage, as if there is no power to the...

97 Grand Marquis emergency brake won't release [ 8 Answers ]

In my 97 grand marquis the last couple of days the emerg. Brake wouldn't release when I shifted into drive nor with a pull of the release lever, only after driving a mile or so. Could this be due to the sub-20° temperature or something else. Also, is there another way to release it manually?

Engage mower deck [ 1 Answers ]

How do I engage mower deck blades

Engage mower deck [ 1 Answers ]

How do I check or repair cable to engage mower deck craftsman lt1000 18 omv

Mower Blades won't engage [ 2 Answers ]

When I pull the blade switch on my Craftsman 16.5 hp riding mower, nothing happens. I had this problem previously, and it was the PTO. Since that was a year ago, I really don't think it's that. Recently when the blades wouldn't engage, I checked/wiggled the wiring to the PTO, and the blades did...

View more questions Search