Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2009, 04:06 PM
    http://www.homeairdirect.com/store/i...disconnect.jpg
    eliz310 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2009, 04:11 PM

My husband says that if he pushed the button in, the outside fan works, but if he takes the screw driver off, then it goes off.
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2009, 04:12 PM

OK then the problem is with the t-stat wires.
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2009, 04:13 PM
    See if he can find where they go into the unit. They will be buged together with the two small wires that go up to each side of the contactor, usually blue

Apr 25, 2009, 04:14 PM

Any idea what we should do? I have a blue wire that is not connected to anything.

Apr 25, 2009, 04:15 PM
    Blue wire on the thermostat isn't hooked up to anything.
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2009, 04:17 PM

Sorry I confused you. I did not mean at the t-stat. there should be 1 t-stat wire outside and it should have a red and a white in it and out there is where they should be buged to the two blues. Make sure that connection is good.

Apr 25, 2009, 04:26 PM

Everything seems to be connected OK outside
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2009, 04:28 PM

OK then there should be no problem there. Take your stat back off and with a jumper wire or a pair of needle nose pliers touch between
    r-y and see if the ac comes on.

Apr 25, 2009, 04:30 PM

Outside? Sorry trying to relay message to my husband
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2009, 04:32 PM

No in at the t-stat
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2009, 04:32 PM
    Take it back off the wall and jump between r and y

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HVAC company installed wrong unit [ 2 Answers ]

I recently had a new air conditioner installed and the proposal was for a Trane 2-ton R410 unit. They installed a Trane 2-ton R22 unit. I caught this a couple weeks after the unit was fully installed. I have no problems with the R22 unit, as it runs fine. The installer is willing to work with me...

Correct unit installed [ 6 Answers ]

I have a new home that was built in early 2007. The Heat and cooling system that was used by our builder is a Goodman CPLT36-1B. This is the outside unit. When we moved into our home last June I asked the home inspector if this was a large enough unit. He told me that it was "enough". Here's the...

Installed new thermostat unit doesn't work [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Installed a digital thermostat, replacing a manual one. The fan worked for a short time, then switched to heat mode and it didn't work. Found I had it wired one wire wrong, Wired it right, then nothing, Could this cause damage to my unit? I put the old one back on it still doesn't work. I have...

Outside unit doesn't come on when thermostat turns inside unit on so no heat? [ 1 Answers ]

My thermostat will trip my heater to turn on. The inside blower turns on but the outside unit doesn't turn on. I can get it to go by turnign off the unit at the thermostat and waiting a minute. I turn it on and off until I hear the outside unit turn on. The problem is when the Thermostat turns if...

Installed thermostat, then A/C unit stopped working [ 2 Answers ]

We just moved into our new home. Noticed the A/C went on all day, non-stop even though it was set on auto at 77 degrees. Figured the thermostat was broken, so decided to replace old one with Honeywell 5-2. Mapped it just like the 4-wiring old one, Y-G-W-R. Red wire on old thermostat was wired to...

View more questions Search