Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sspeed Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2009, 08:09 AM
    Open limit switch code
    Furnace - Amana GUIA115A40
    Control board - White-Rodgers 50A50-298

My furnace just has the fans running non-stop and the control board is flashing an open limit switch error code. The furnace is getting good circulation and both fans seems to run fine.

I cut power to it all night, in the morning I turned on power and instantly got the open limit switch error code. This leads me to believe the open limit switch is faulty.

Just to be sure, is the open limit switch a quarter-sized "switch" with a blue dot on it and two wires coming off it just above the burners on the left on this particular model?

Apr 19, 2009, 08:34 AM

Is the open limit switch the far left switch with the brown wires?

Apr 19, 2009, 01:22 PM

Following the schematics, I found another auxiliary limit switch on the bottom (part# 10728317), jumpered that no change. I also jumpered the primary limit switch (shown above, part # 10728305) and it seems slightly different, the second fan took longer to come on like normal.

According to the schematics, the brown board (shown in the picture just to the left of the gas valve) is also an auxiliary limit. Can it be jumpered as well?
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 01:32 PM

Did you tesgt the brown one with the 2 wires about 1 1 2 in by 3 in?
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 01:33 PM
    The brown one is your problem, tap it with a screw driver it will probably reset

Apr 19, 2009, 05:11 PM

Thank you Josh, just jumpered past that one and you are right, it's the brown one, fired right up. I was wrong about thinking the pictured one above was the primary limit, that's the rollout limit and tests fine.

I tried tapping it (a lot) and it stills shows no continuity, it's still open. I had read somewhere that the limit switches with the red buttons can be reset, the others are done once they pop?

This one is the part# 10728317. I assume they'll have it at any plumbing and heating store, but not Home Depot?
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2009, 05:32 PM

Right, you should be able to get that limit at any heating store. Just look on it to see what the temp is it will be marked L140 - 180

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Led says open limit switch [ 9 Answers ]

I'm sorry but I don't know what brand of furnace I have. so here's the problem... a couple of days ago I noticed my furnace was blowing cold air so I went to check to see if the pilot was out... well I have and automatic ignitor. So I carefully followed the instructions for resetting the furnace....

Open Limit Switch on B18099-13. Help! [ 6 Answers ]

I have a furnace with the B18099-13 control board. The fan blows constantly whenever power is applied. The status LED on the control board indicates "OPEN LIMIT SWITCH" Where are the two limit switches located? On board or off? Are there any tricks, quick-fixes, or "band-aids" for this...

Goodman Open Limit Switch [ 10 Answers ]

I have a Goodman GDS80904BNA downflow furnace that does not work. It is 3 years old. I am getting the open limit switch error code on the circuit board when the T-stat call for heat. Only the circ. Blower turns on and rans continuously until I turn it off. Here is a little history on it. Once...

Open limit switch code on goodman furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a goodman furnace with an open limit switch code /blinking lite. Blower runs,but no flame what can I do to fix this problem?

Electricity went off limit switch open [ 2 Answers ]

My electricity went off during the night and I woke up as it came back on. The light on the furnace flashes four times which says it means 'limit switch open'. I need help.

View more questions Search