Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2009, 02:57 AM
    Enough already!
    I swear to god if I hear one more news report about Obamas freakin' dog I am going to fly to America and smack the news reporter in the head.
    Yes, it's a cute little puppy but come on... they aren't going to appoint it chief of weapons or something stupid..
    GET OVER IT!!

Sorry :o
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2009, 04:11 AM
    WE have not brought it up here .

He sort of brought it on himself with all his talk of adopting a shelter dog that "had to be a mut" . But I am satisfied with the explanation that his children have allergies and he had to be careful which dog he adopted. So instead he adopted a dog that is expensive if purchased from a breeder. (Figures Teddy Kennedy would have a "water "dog)

OK, the joke's over. Stop the roundabout, I want to get off. I didn't sign up for any of this. One day I'm Charlie from Texas. The next, I'm Bo in the White House. In between, I was subjected to Senator Ted Kennedy. I'm a Portuguese Water Dog but (as Sasha so kindly pointed out - brat!) I can't actually swim. First mention of Chappaquid and I was going to be right out of there.
    http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/firstdo...t_as_first_dog

Actually this breed is a natural in water and will find a puddle to wallow in if Obama doesn't bring it to a lake ;beach ;pool often (they were bred to do things like herd fish into nets ) . From my reading it is high maintenance ;requires lots of training and exercise. If it doesn't have lots of toys to destroy it will go after the White House furniture.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Apr 15, 2009, 04:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    I swear to god if I hear one more news report about Obamas freakin' dog I am going to fly to America and smack the news reporter in the head.
    Yes, it's a cute little puppy but come on... they aren't going to appoint it chief of weapons or something stupid..
    GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!

sorry :o
    Now that we are on this topic, as a former owner of Australian Shepards and blue Healers - that would have been my choice :)

G&P
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2009, 04:28 AM

Me too . My dog has some Aussie and border collie in him and he is extremely intelligent.
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2009, 07:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    WE have not brought it up here .
    Sorry if it sounded like I was having a go at anyone here. I just meant I am sick of hearing about it on the news... I am in Australia and it's all we hear about!!

Go the Aussie breeds lol
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2009, 09:09 AM

People eat this stuff up. I don't know why but they do. I could careless what kind of dog they got. Besides they should have gotten a cat. I am not a dog person, bad dog attack when I was a kid.
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2009, 10:11 AM

That's not good to hear spitevenom :( Dogs are such wonderful creatures, I hate it when something like that happens.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2009, 10:14 AM
    Not a dog person either, I like my kids better.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2009, 10:18 AM

I wonder what Obama's new bed sheets look like. We need reporters on that! STAT

P.S. I'm dying to know if he got the toaster that makes his own face!

Sarah
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2009, 11:39 AM

Just saw yet another Obamas dog news report... they said the name 'Bo' 6 times in about 2 minutes...

YES OMG He has to use egyptian cotton with a 2000 thread count, I wonder what color?

Haha There is so much merchandise, it's sad but funny too, my favourite is the russian dolls with Obama painted on them and the dildo (available in presidential blue!)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2009, 11:56 AM
    That's the USA for you, someone's always trying to make a quick buck. LOL!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2009, 12:22 PM

The dog supposedly was with a trainer for a month to get "trained". Someone should have told Obama that the dog was trained as the dog has been shown in numerous photos literally straining on it's leash acting like a wacky dog dragging everyone around and not walking like a dog should walk having been trained.

I sadly predict that this unruly animal will be "given" to another home shortly as too many news stories have been about how this animal literally drags everyone around the yard.

And as for his lies out of both side of his mouth - he said he would adopt a shelter dog to placate those individuals prior to getting this dog from a for real breeder. Then the dog was sent to a trainer and then it was miraculously rescued. That dog is way, way too rambunctious for a WH pet. Someone sure sold O a bill of goods on this breed.
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2009, 12:26 PM

No not an update Twink- hehe;)

P.S. That doesn't even look like a dog, it looks like a shaggy pillow.

Sarah
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2009, 12:26 PM

The dog was actually a gift :)
    Yeah for a trained dog he wasn't doing too well lol didn't help that Obama was just sprinting next to him and giving him no direction.

They are definitely going to have their hands full, I hope he doesn't end up an outside dog :(
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2009, 12:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mudweiser View Post
    No not an update Twink- hehe;)

Sarah
    Lol I don't mind people on here talking about it, I just don't hink it's breaking news that should be on TV every 5 seconds!
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2009, 12:30 PM

Sarcasm was intended.

The one thing I hate about online communcation is the misinterpretation of just a few sentences.

Sarah
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2009, 12:32 PM
    Lol I don't mind people on here talking about it, I just don't hink it's breaking news that should be on TV every 5 seconds!
    The dog story is obviously being used as a "media plug" over there for some reason blocking other important news. We've hardly seen anything on TV about the dog over here.
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2009, 12:40 PM

Mudweiser - yeah it's hard to tell sometimes... we need a sarcasm icon lol

twinkiedooter - you are so so lucky lol... there hasn't been much on the Australian news but early in the morning (it's nearly 6am here) the American new comes on, Good Morning America I think it is that is the worst for it!
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2009, 12:43 PM
    Mudweiser - yeah it's hard to tell sometimes... we need a sarcasm icon lol

Let it be noted: that for now on when sarcasim is intended I will add a ☆ to then end of my sentence!

Sarah
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2009, 12:49 PM
    We have so much crap going on here with our economy and this and that ,it's a blatant ploy to take our minds off the real world issues.Give us something all warm and fuzzy to dwell on.

I haven't thought about poverty or war or home foreclosures in days since this little pup entered the arena. :rolleyes:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search