Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justice213 Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Mar 20, 2009, 02:31 PM
    yorkie is sick!
    hi I made a post maybe last year in the summer time about my yorkie being sick. Well now he is sick again we took him to the vet maybe 3 4 times in the past month. The vet thinks he has pacrenitus while the first vet we saw in the summer said it was nothing just bever fever.at first he was poopin bad diarea so we took him to the vet to get medicene for pacrenitus. After that he has beenin thorwin up none stop. Its almost like a cough and than some white foam and stuff comes out. Doesn't look like here is food in it. But than again he isn't eating much he is so skiny now u can feel his whole spine when u pet him. He kept doing this throwing up we would try to give him his medicene and he would just cough/ throw it up again. So we called the vet and told her she said bring him in and give him I've for the day so we can try and put medicene in him and he hold it down. Well that maybe helped for the 1 day. Back to normal the vet is complelety stumped she has no idea what's wrong with him. He alos kind of breaths funny. He will inhale thank kind of hold his breath than exhale.so vet did x rays on his lungs organs etc and she said everything looks great and health. Says only thing she can to is ship him off to this specialest that will cut him oopen to look at his stomach. But that will COST 5000!! And we do not have that kind of money.it is really odd though because I squeeze his stomach and he doesn't wine or anying or moan. U think he would if he had pacnreiatus.alos he still runs around when he sees u come home he jumps up. Still sometimes plays with his toys. But I notice when he gets exicted is when he coughs up that white stuff. He is now 10 years old if anyone has any ideas or can help that be great. I love him very much he's the first and only dog I have ever had I don't want to lose him. I would like to at least see him grow old.thx for listing
    4mekao Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2009, 03:41 PM

Please take him to another vet. If you live in a small town, take him to a larger city.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2009, 04:33 AM
    One of our old poodles had pancreatitis, it's an inflammation of the pancreas, it causes them the act lethargic, have diarrhea and drink a LOT of water. It can be helped with a strict diet. Ours wasn't throwing up white foam but it's worth exploring.
    I agree with 4mekao try another vet, taking your dog to the biggest flashest vet isn't always better but you need to search around and find a more knowledgeable one.

Apr 14, 2009, 10:16 PM

we took him all over . 5 vets couldn't find out what was wrong with him we gave him ultra sounds all kindas of things. He used to weigh 11 pounds went down to 5 pounds he lost so much weight. He couldn't even drink water hed throw it up instaly they put him on steriodes he lasted 3 more days after that. I'm so devistated I loved that dog. Maybe too much. I think I got to attached. It was horibble we took him to the vet to put him down . And everyone at the vet was crying the ladys at front desk and people in waiting room.there was nothing more they could do he would have even died on the operation table because he was so weak and small. He was just going to get worse kindneys fail and everything. I just feel so bad for the little guy. All I have to say toe veryone is DOG FOOD IS BAD. Like iams all that its not natureal ingredeints. By the end of it we were giving him natural food that this lady made and sold.she was an x vet and knew all kinds of stuff. It help with some of liggieric reactions. I thought this was going to help himn but it was to late. I was on internet other day and came across this thig in bold letters 85 percent of all pure bred yorikes die young find out why and it was because of the food we feeding him all through out his life. I feel so bad I feel like it my fault. Even in the information on why yorkies die it said die in 8 to 9 years. He was 9 years old. I'm completely destroyed I need help I can be fine all day than go to bed and start thinking about him. I can't take it he was my first dog he was my best friend I loved him nothing can replace him. I just wish when id come home from work I could see him jumping up at me and lick me in the face when I go to take my shoes off one more time
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 14, 2009, 10:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justice213 View Post
    he was my best friend i loved him nothing can replace him.
    I am so very sorry it ended this way for you. A month ago I had the vet euthanize my cat who was like my other self. When he was 6 months old, he had picked me out at the shelter (I didn't want him, but he insisted!), and then stuck with me (and put up with me) for 14 more years. He'd better be in heaven, because otherwise I don't want to go there!
    MsCanFix Posts: 62, Reputation: 3

Apr 15, 2009, 01:46 AM
    I am so sorry for your loss, brings tears to my eyes. I had my Keeshond put down, well, it'll be 3years in July and it still makes me cry. He was such a trooper and when all odds were against him I was blessed to have rescued him. He had valley fever, and cushings disease and when everyone told me to have him put down I just knew there was something special about him. I trusted and believed in my heart that he deserved life and most of all I believed in him. He was 3yrs when I was blessed with him and 10.5 yrs when I lost him to his disease and although I had every possible treatment, test and medicine given to him I still feel I wish I could have done more. Sometimes it's only once in a lifetime that one certain special animal touches us in just such a way that could never be replaced. Hold the memories and all the special moments and I truly know how hard the loss is for you, I still wish for just "One More Day" with him. I was given this video that I have attached here for you and although it was so hard for me to watch this it gave me hope that he's in a very special place and your little one does know how much you've done and given.

Just click on the link when you open the attachment, In due time the video will be a little easier to watch and you will be filled with meaning from it. Take Care, my thoughts are with you
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc Rainbow Bridge.doc (19.0 KB, 209 views)
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2009, 03:16 AM
    I know exactly what that poem is so I'm not going to open it! I cry every time I read it!

Apr 16, 2009, 09:50 PM

I can only wish that is true. But still I need help I can not get over it. It has been over 2 weeks. I feel like that dog was a brother to me it is weride.I just can't help think its my fault should have been buying better food all a long. I feel like he went through so much pain by the end all because of me and he could have still been here.4 nights in a row I've dreamt about him only to wake up and realise he isn't there. I wanan get another dog so bad to mabye think it will help. But than id come home from work to see a dog come lick me all excited just to realise its not him.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 16, 2009, 10:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justice213 View Post
    i can only wish that is true. but still i need help i can not get over it. it has been over 2 weeks. i feel like that dog was a brother to me it is weride.i just can't help think its my fault shoulda been buyin better food all a long. i feel like he went through so much pain by the end all because of me and he coulda still been here.4 nights in a row ive dreamt about him only to wake up and realise he isnt there. i wanan get another dog so bad to mabye think it will help. but than id come home from work to see a dog come lick me all excited just to realise its not him.
    Go to a shelter and rescue a dog from euthanasia and feed him correctly. That will undo your guilt and will give honor to your Yorkie.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Apr 16, 2009, 11:34 PM

I'm also so very sorry that you lost him. He knew you did everything you could to help him. Trust me, they DO know, and he had many wonderful years with you, and he is no longer in pain. I know it's hard, but don't feel guilty, you loved him enough to not let him suffer.

I agree with Wondergirl. Grieve your loss, and then honour him with a shelter dog that is just sitting in a lonely cage just hoping against all hope for someone as loving and caring as you to adopt him or her. It would be such a great honour to your sweet baby. I bet if he could have expressed it in words, he would have said, it's okay, I understand, and I know you will never forget me.

In Remembrance.
    JADE13 Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Apr 19, 2009, 09:34 AM

I am so very sorry for your loss & your pain. As Caesar would say, take time to grieve for your little guy and then move on. This is how you can honor your little one. Saving another innocent is such a great thing. I did a bit of research before I decided on feeding my little guy "Natural Balance" brand dog food. It turns a lot of the designer stuff is not just expensive but really bad as well. I looked a lot into the review sites for various brands and you won't believe some of the bad reactions some of these poor dogs have after eating certain brands.
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2009, 09:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JADE13 View Post
    I am so very sorry for your loss & your pain. As Ceasar would say, take time to grieve for your little guy and then move on. This is how you can honor your little one. Saving another innocent is such a great thing. I did a bit of research before I decided on feeding my little guy "Natural Balance" brand dog food. It turns alot of the designer stuff is not just expensive but really bad as well. I looked a lot into the review sites for various brands and you won't believe some of the bad reactions some of these poor dogs have after eating certain brands.
    Yes, a lot of dog food contain different preservatives while some dogs are fine with them, others will have a bad reaction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My 1yr old puppy is sick, vomiting.not worms, sick only in morning. [ 5 Answers ]

Hello:) I am new here.. My 1yr old pup, Gracie, is a house dog, she is 1/2 Pomeranian & 1/2 Min. Doberman. For the last few days she has been vomiting in the morning, that is the only time she does. We are very careful what she eats & as we live in town, she stays indoor.. even to void. She is...

Yorkie is really sick. Very sad don't know what to do [ 10 Answers ]

I have a 8 year old yorkie I don't know what is going on have tried a couple things like change his diet. But he has been seeming to have very bad gas when he goes poop its diarreha sorry can't spell and he seems to be throwing up a lot. It has been going on for hmm maybe 2 months now. I have been...

Sick 10 yr. Old yorkie and poodle mix [ 3 Answers ]

My 10 yr. old yorkie poodle mix has a bloated belly, he won't eat and his poop is really runny. I have tried everything, now I feel like I am out of options. Is there anyone who has any idea's of what it could be?

Yorkie may be sick... not sure... please help! [ 9 Answers ]

I just got a new yorkie... 10 months old. Her name is Lola. Please read and tell me what to do. What if this is really serious? This is the time line on the symptoms I have noticed: November 22nd Wednesday: received her as a surprise gift from my husband, didn't NOTICE any signs November 23rd...

View more questions Search