Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hammer934 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2009, 03:44 PM
    Burner does not stay on for a Lennox furnace
    I have a lennox 1994, 80% ignition, furnace. I am having a problem getting the burner to stay on until the house reaches the specified temperature. When the burner shuts down, the blower keeps running. In order to get the burner to kick on again, I have to fool with the thermostat such as turning it down below the actual temperature in the house, wait a few minutes and turn it back up, at which point the burner will kick back on for a few minutes but then it will shut off again and I have to go thhrough the process all over again.
    What is the problem? Please help.
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2009, 03:47 PM

Sounds like you are having a problem with your limit switch
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2009, 03:47 PM
    How is your air filter?
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 12, 2009, 04:17 PM

Try leaving the thermostat turned up, now check at furnace to see if flame goes on and off, and back on(over and over again) over a period of say five to ten minutes. There are a few options for your problem, but I would start here first. Let us know what you find and we will try to help further.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace burner does not stay long and goes out [ 3 Answers ]

My furnace burner does not stay long. I had my pilot light goes out. I lit the pilot light and it works. And as soon as I put the wall thermostat on ON position for heat, I can see the burner starts with the normal flame. But after 30 seconds burner flame goes off as well the pilot light goes out...

Furnace burner won't stay lit [ 2 Answers ]

I have an older model Night & Day model c100u series 510 gas furnace. The burner won't stay lit when the thermostat kicks on. I replaced the thermocouple but the burner still lights then immediately goes out. Any help?

Burner won't stay lite [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Maytag Neptune MDG3000AWW gas dryer that will lite in all three modes (intellidry , time dry/air fluff, and intellidry ) but will only stay lite of 8 to 10 seconds. After ltwo or three minutes it lites again for another 8 to 10 seconds. Takes all day to dry a load.

60 year old lennox oil burner [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday I encountered a lennox oil burner. The pump will deliver oil only for 2-3 seconds then stop. I changed the dirty filter. Restarted the unit same thing happened. I can't see the make of the pump because of the one piece jacket . I believe it is an early model of the Sunstrand family. I...

View more questions Search