Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ItalianMami82 Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2006, 12:00 PM
    33 day cycle.. when abouts do you ovulate?
    Hi yes if you have a 33 day cycle. When about do you ovulate or whens a good time to have unprotected sex to conceive?? :confused:
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Sep 3, 2006, 12:35 PM
    You ovulate 14 days before your NEXT cycle begins. So for you, it would be around day 19.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 3, 2006, 12:54 PM
    According to Mosby's Medical Dictionary (page 1368), ovulation usually occurs on or about the 11th to the 14th day before the next menstrual period and may cause brief, short lower abdominal pain on the side of the ovulating overy.

Sep 9, 2006, 11:00 AM
    I had what I think was my period sept 1st. So the 19th there's a chance I might ovulate?
    Expert

Sep 9, 2006, 11:11 AM
    Was Sept 1 the first day of your period? If that is the case then you should ovulate somewhere on Sept 12 or Sept 15. I take it you did not get a pregnancy test?

Maybe you need to get an ovulation kit. This will help you determine your exact day of ovulation.

Sep 11, 2006, 09:23 AM
    Yes sept 1st was the first day..

Sep 11, 2006, 12:00 PM
    I took a pregnancy test and it came up negative.. then I began my period.. which was still lighter than normal but I'm guessing my cycle is still getting on track since I've been off the pills for 3 months sept.. im going to get an ovulation test kit, but I was just wondering about when I might ovulate. Cause I've been pretty busy lately I work then do school at night so I'm non stop on the go.
    Expert

Sep 11, 2006, 12:03 PM
    You should ovulate 11 to 14 days from the very first day of your last period.

Sep 11, 2006, 03:56 PM
    The last day of my period was the 6th of September.

Sep 11, 2006, 05:01 PM
    So I should be ovulating soon? Sept 1st is when my period started and it ended the 6th of sept.
    Expert

Sep 11, 2006, 06:05 PM
    Yes, as I stated earlier you should be ovulating somewhere between the 12th and 15th.

This would be around the 11th - 14th days.

Sep 14, 2006, 11:26 AM
    Whens a good time to take an ovulation test? I have one I can do but I don't know if I should take it today or wait till tomorrow.. any ideas would be great.. thanks
    Expert

Sep 14, 2006, 01:54 PM
    You will have to read the directions on the box. Each one is different and I am not extremely familiar with them.

What does the box say? Just read the directions.

Sep 14, 2006, 02:29 PM
    I took the ovulation test but it didn't show I was ovulating. Could this mean maybe the lh surge happened maybe yseterday or has yet to?
    Expert

Sep 14, 2006, 02:32 PM
    As I said, I do not know exactly how they work. You need to read the directions on the box, and most of this kind of kit has an insert that will help explain the whole system to you.

Have you seen your doctor yet? You really need to make an appointment to discuss all of this with him/her.

You seem to be obsessing over this and that could be causing your symptoms/problems. It is time to get into the doctor and discuss it with your health care professional.

Sep 14, 2006, 02:56 PM
    I don't have any symptoms I was just curious whens a good time to test with an ovulation kit. I had the ones you pee in a cup and dip them in. I followed the directions, but like I said I didn't know how long after your period you'd about ovulate. Hence why I asked. I'm not obsessed. I just was wondering.
    Expert

Sep 14, 2006, 03:02 PM
    Read this post thoroughly, I have mentioned quite a few times the approximate date of ovulation. Since I am not your doctor and have never done a history and physical on you I can only guess.

And the only reason I mention obsession is that you continue to ask the same question in several different ways. This is the 4th thread you have started about pregnancy and/or ovulation with a total of 76 replies, this to me sounds like you might be obsessing.

You need to see your doctor for any info other than what we have already helped you with. It is necessary to get a history and physical, in person, to give you any advice above and beyond what we have already given.

Your doctor knows your body better than we do, and we are not doctors, so we have helped as much as we can. Please understand that you need to take care of your body and you and your doctor are the only ones who can do it.
    bporter92 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2013, 03:18 PM
    See I had the same ?
    I started the 8 and got off the 12 and I think I ovulated the 19 is that right?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Menstrual cycle [ 4 Answers ]

March 9th my period started and it was normal.around the 25th-31st of march I have been spotting and feeling a little crampy,what do you think is happening,and this is the first it has ever done this.

Irregular cycle [ 1 Answers ]

I wanted to know I am the mother of 2 young children I got my period but its irregular could I be pregnant.could using drugs affect my period

Menustral cycle [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am a 25 year old girl and since few months my cycle has become very very irregular this month I had it twice I went and saw a doctor and she told me that it was due to stress or getting over exhausted but I am still very nervous about it and need a second advice.how normal is it to have your...

Dog heat cycle? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a dog and I think he is on his heat cycle and I would like to know if this is the reason that he is losing weight like crazy because I don't have a female dog just a male and some of my friends say its because of the heat cycle and they recommended me to use nutri-cal for this situation do...

No heat cycle [ 2 Answers ]

Boiler will go to set temp //shut off then not cycle back on when temp drops below setting.. if I turn the thermstat off then back on it will heat to set temp but not come back on.. pump doesn't seem to shut off even at 5-6 degrees below set temp.theromstat is a RobertShaw on a wellsMclain...

View more questions Search