Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Always_Outside Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2009, 05:36 PM
    Hunter Fan Light flickering and too dim
    I bought a fan/light combo and the fan works great (including remote control operation of the fan). The light is WAY too dim for a living room and the candelabra lights in it are flickering lightly (like a club atmosphere - LOL). I have two questions:
    What is causing the flickering? And is there an add-on kit to boost the lighting? Help - I'm tired of my dark living room. Thanks.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2009, 07:08 PM

Are you using CFL bulbs?

Apr 16, 2009, 11:07 AM
    Yes, I am using compact fluorescent bulbs. It uses small candelabra size bulbs, so the best light choice I had was to buy CFLs. It's still too dim. Do you have any suggestions?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 16, 2009, 11:22 AM

Did you install CFL that can be dimmed, your remote has dimmer capabilities and should not use standard CFLs. You may also have a loose blue wire coming from the receiver or a loose white neutral, lets be sure you have thecorrect bulbs before we taer into anything.

Apr 17, 2009, 02:26 PM

Yes, they are dimming bulbs.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2009, 10:49 PM

Try non CFL bulbs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Flickering light on remote controlled ceiling fan. [ 11 Answers ]

I have a remote control ceiling fan/light. The light flickers and blinks only when the fan is off, but if the fan is on there is no problems. I have tried different types of bulbs and I have the same problem no matter which type I use. What causes this and how can it be fixed?

Flickering porch light [ 5 Answers ]

Hi All, Looking for some help here: I have two lights that appear to be connected in series out on my porch -- the first one is on the porch itself and works fine, the second runs out from the first light (the wires are connected together (that way when we bought the house)) to a second light out...

Track light now dim and flickering [ 1 Answers ]

Installed a track light 2 years ago. It has electronic transformer with auto reset. All was great for 2 years. Suddenly it was very dim making a high pitch noise. Removed all the lights and re installed. Now it has dim and flickering light from all the fixtures attached to the track.

Flickering Fan Light [ 1 Answers ]

The light kit on my ceiling fan recently started flickering. After on for a while the lights work fine. The fan itself works fine. How do I stop the flickering?

Why is my fan fluorescent light bulb flickering? [ 2 Answers ]

10:25 AM 2/13/2006 I recently installed a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan w/florescent light kit. To control the fan and light I installed a remote switch manufactured by the same company, Harbor Breeze. The problem I am having is the fluorescent light is constantly flickering, whether the fan is...

View more questions Search