Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justme64 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2006, 04:47 PM
    Heavy vaginal bleeding after rough sex
    My new partner and I have just recently started having sex. I am a 42 year old female with three children. I had my tubes tied over 8 years ago after the birth of my third child.

He is only the second person in my life that I have been intimate with. His style is not what I have been used to. Although the sex was a little harsher I did not think it would lead to what has happened since. Today is Sunday and last week on Wednesday we were together. Immediately after sex I noticed some cramping. I did not think much of it until a few hours afer that. I started bleeding. I was two weeks away from my normal menstrual cycle. I am like clockwork every 26 days. This bleeding turned into what I would consider menstrual bleeding. It has lasted four days now. I am still cramping and still bleeding. I usually bleed heavily for three days, then stop for two days, tand then start with spotting for another three days. That is normally how my cycle is. This is so different. I read information on tearing the cervical lining after rough sex. I am not having any abnormal irritation in that region either. Just the heavy bleeding. Can you give me some insight as to what might be happening?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 3, 2006, 06:02 PM
    I hate to answer a question with a question, however, when was your last menstrual cycle?

This could very well have something to do with the rough sex. It sounds as though he could have irritated cervical tissue that tends to be very delicate. If the blood is bright red you need to make an appointment with your doctor. Although, I do believe that you should see a doctor to rule out any other possible conditions.
    BaddakuTachi Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2006, 01:15 AM
    It is also possible you have Fibroid Tumors in your uterus.They will bleed just like a normal period, cause pain and your body can even try to expel them giving you the crampy feeling as well as the bearing down feeling. I suggest you see a doctor as the Fibroid Tumors are known to bleed heavely and for longer periods than is normal. As for the rough sex, I suggest a talk with your friend and explain that it is causing you physical and emotional stress. Sex should not cause pain. Only you can take care of your own body and it has to last for many years, see a doctor and punch the jerk you live with.
    justme64 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2006, 06:23 PM
    As it turns out I have Mild Complex Hyperplasia without Atypia. I received a call today from my OBGYN and he gave me the results of my biopsy.

The term rough sex was used because it was something I was just not used to. And really I am the type to say if I did not like something.

But onwards. I am on Norethindrone Acetate (prestogin) now and the bleedoing has stopped. But my next question is and I forgot to ask my doctor. Is it OK to continue sexual relations, in a milder manner, while I am going through Prestogin treatment? I will be taking this for 6 months. My ultrasound is in a few weeks and we will do another biopsy in 6 months.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 7, 2006, 06:30 PM
    This is something that you really need to ask your doctor. You can make a simple phone call to find out.

I hesitate to answer this on the grounds that I did not do the testing or the history and physical, and therefore, do not have the adequate information to give you an appropriate answer for your sepcific diagnoses. There are websites out there that discuss this, but every person is individual and your doctor would have the best recommendation for your particular situation.
    jaxie Posts: 148, Reputation: 4

May 8, 2007, 06:38 PM
    Unfortunately I have much experience with vaginal pain and issues. That happened to me. Turned out my cevix was traumatized by the force. I would actually feel him hit it when he thrusted and I would wince in pain. I was going to ask if u have an IUD but you have your tubes tied. The doctor saw the bruising. He was just too long and too rough for me. I do not want any woman to ever go through what I did. I am currently helping another gal with vaginal issues. I went through hell with them. Please tell this man he is too rough I mean you are bleeding. Can you feel when he hits your cervix? It is a sharp pain that shoots through you and with constant thrusting the cervix WILL bruise then open a bit and BLEED I am worried. Have you spoken to him about it? What does he say? Have you seen a doctor? Please honey answer back. My thoughts are with you as my prayers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vaginal bumps [ 15 Answers ]

:confused: I have some vaginal bumps that I noticed the other day. They are spread throughout the vaginal area, none inside that I know of. They do itch somewhat, but I think that is because they are irritated. I am sexually active and didn't notice them till after intercourse one night with my...

Blood clots during heavy bleeding period [ 52 Answers ]

Is it normal to have large blood clots during the heaviest Bleeding period

Vaginal callus [ 2 Answers ]

A week ago I noticed a few little white bumps around my vagina (around the hole, if you will). I innitially freaked out and thought it was genital warts. I immediately made an appointment with my gyno that day. It turns out, to my relief, that they are calluses!! The doctor said they are caused by...

Constant and heavy bleeding with clots [ 7 Answers ]

Hey everyone, For the past few months, maybe 4 months or 5, my mother has been bleeding as though on her period. She gets bad cramps and large clots on occasion too. She just won't stop. It can stop for a day sometimes, but then it is back in full flow. It is very heavy. She is overdue to have a...

Vaginal Bumps [ 2 Answers ]

I recently started birth control and it caused me to have my period for an extended period of about 3-weeks, during this time I went on a trip to Mexico. I was in a wet swimsuit every day for 7 days in a row, so when I returned I didn't think anything about it when I began to notice a few small...

View more questions Search