Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frust8ed Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2009, 05:12 PM
    Process to evict adult child living at home
    What are the steps and how long does it take to evict a 19 yr old adult child from your home (in Georgia). He pays no rent, unable to keep a job, binge drinks with friends. He doesn't have a car or cellphone and apparently gets money from friends. We have tried for 2 years to help with his substance abuse. My wife and I have decided enough is enough.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2009, 05:32 PM

You give him a 30 day written notice to vacate. After 30 days, you go to the court house and get a legal eviction. Costs 30 or 40 bucks. If he still doesn't leave you contract the sherrif's detail to remove him.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 29, 2009, 05:32 PM

Legally, you have to give him a written notice to move out, this I believe will be a 30 day notice, since you are not requiring him of paying rent, if he was suppose to pay rent, you could give him notice for non payment.

Then if he does not move out, you evict him though the courts.

About 6 weeks to 2 months to get him out normally.
    walltowall Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2012, 03:53 PM
    Change the locks and have his belongings on the front porch...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adult son,evict from my home [ 15 Answers ]

How can I evict my 29 year old son out of my house

How to evict an adult child from home? [ 12 Answers ]

Hello - My 18 yr old son needs to figure out life on his own. High school drop out, no job or motivation. He is 6' 4'' and refusing to budge - so how do I go about legally evicting an adult child from family home? Thanks for your advice...

I want to evict my adult son from my home in Tampa, FL [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, Thank you for reading my problem. I have a 29 year old son who is bipolar in addition to being besieged with antisocial personality. The last four years he has been in and out of my home, and refuses to make good use of my help to get help for himself. Lately, he is verbally abusive and...

Evict adult child [ 8 Answers ]

How do I evict an adult child from my home in pa?

How to evict adult child [ 1 Answers ]

We have an adult child whom we need to evict. She is 27 years old, works but refuses to help out with any household expenses, rent, utilities, food etc. She prefers to use her money for her personal entertainment. How do we go about evicting her as she has never paid rent to us? wptav

View more questions Search