Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pcoleman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2009, 12:13 PM
    Bathroom sink drain leaking underneath
    Installed new bathroom faucet and drain. After installing water is leaking underneath
    From the drain. Have reinstalled and used plumbers putty to no success.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 29, 2009, 12:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pcoleman View Post
    Installed new bathroom faucet and drain. After installing water is leaking underneath
    from the drain. Have reinstalled and used plumbers putty to no sucess.
    Where, exactly, does the leak show up?(see image) At the base where the nut tightens the gasket? Does it leak with the stopper closed. Fill the bowl, close the stopper and tell me if it still leaks. Cheers, Tom,
    Attached Images

pcoleman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2009, 12:36 PM
    Leaking where assembly meets sink underneath
    Tom,
    It is leaking where the assembly meets the sink underneath.
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 29, 2009, 12:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pcoleman View Post
    Tom,
    It is leaking where the assembly meets the sink underneath.
    And this still leaks with a bowl full of water and the stopper closed? Do this and get back with the results. What I'm attempting to find out is whether you have a leak at the drain lip or at the gasket where you see the water.
    Let me know. Tom
    JKoffler44 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2010, 02:52 PM

Since the original posted never continued his question, I am having this same problem Tom. I installed a new faucet and drain and it is leaking when the water is running, not when the bowl is filled and stopped. Although, when the bowl is stopped, I can hear a trickle of water going down the drain.
    Thanks!
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 28, 2010, 04:04 PM

Where, exactly is then leak? When you run the faucet? Like an pressure leak?
    Or is it a drainage leak like the first poster had? Please explain with more details. Back to you, Tom

Aug 28, 2010, 04:19 PM

It is a drainage leak like the first poster had. I just took the faucet out and we are returning it to Lowe's for a different reason. The pull stop is not working with our backsplash setup. There is no room to pull it. I will install the new one and hope for better results. Should I be putting teflon tape on ever single threaded connection?
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 28, 2010, 04:34 PM

It's a good idea to tape all threaded joints. Let me know hoe the new waste works out for you. Good luck, Tom

Aug 29, 2010, 08:22 AM

Hi Tom,
    New faucet, same issue! The water comes from above the rubber gasket underneath the counter top. Could it be because in order to connect to the drain pipe from my wall, I had to pull the whole assembly forward a bit? I bought an extension piece because this vanity is 3 in. taller than my old one, should I have picked up one of those "J" pipes that extends?
    Thanks!
    --Jeff

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaking bathroom sink drain [ 1 Answers ]

Should rubber seal be used with plumber putty

Leaking bathroom sink drain [ 1 Answers ]

How can I stop a new drain leak, appears to be leaking threw threads, maybe overflow slots.

Slow Bathroom Sink Drain - but Tub and Toilet Drain Fine [ 4 Answers ]

I am hoping that someone can offer a suggestion to solve my problem. We recently purchased a 60 year old home. The sink in one of our bathrooms drains completely fine until the water has run for about 5 minutes and then all of a sudden it starts to back up and then drains very slowly. I have...

Leaking under Bathroom Sink [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I would love some help. We recently discovered our bathroom sink was leaking underneath the faucet where the hose attached. We thought it would be a simple fix, and all it needed was to be tightened. We were wrong. Tightening made it worse! We then turned off the water and replace the...

Leaking vallve under bathroom sink [ 1 Answers ]

The hot water shutoff valve under our bathroom sink is leaking from somewhere near the stem. I bought a new valve but am having trouble removing the old one. I just used Liquid Wrench to get the valve body off the main input line. Any advice on the best way of going about this? I don't want...

View more questions Search