Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skozub Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2009, 09:02 AM
    Air Admittance Valves use applications
    Hello,

Are Studor Air Admittance Valves (AAVs) approved for use with toilets or can they only be used to vent sinks?

I have a toilet waste line that connects with the sink waste line. Out of the sink line is the stack vent system but it has been built into a wall chase. I'm keen or relocating the stack or possible doing away with it in place of a Studor just due to it's location in the bathroom. I suspect I cannot vent the sink and the toilet on a Studor valve however.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 25, 2009, 12:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by skozub View Post
    Hello,

Are Studor Air Admittance Valves (AAVs) approved for use with toilets or can they only be used to vent sinks?

I have a toilet waste line that connects with the sink waste line. Out of the sink line is the stack vent system but it has been built into a wall chase. I'm keen or relocating the stack or possible doing away with it in place of a Studor just due to it's location in the bathroom. I suspect I cannot vent the sink and the toilet on a Studor valve however.
    You can but a natural vent's better. If you choose yo install a AAV you will have to leave a service panel so the part can be replaced in it goes bad. You just can't cover it up inside a wall. If there were any other way I would advise you to reroute the vent you now have. Good luck Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air admittance valve or Loop? [ 5 Answers ]

Our kitchen sink has two 2" ABS drains straight through the floor, where I assume they come together. The basement is finished, so I don't have access below the kitchen floor. The sink is on an island, so there is no way to vent through the roof. The original plumbing used a loop just below...

H4 Visa- Earlier admittance to you.S. [ 1 Answers ]

I am hoping to move to the U.S. with my family but the fiscal year (which I understand is the start date of when H1B visa holders can enter the U.S.- Am I correct)? Begins on October 1 of this year, FAR LONG after the first day of university that I am applying to. 1) Am I allowed to enter...

Air Admittance Valve [ 4 Answers ]

I was reading up on these, if I were to install one, they say to install them above the highest flood level of the space the valve is in. I am installing a toilet and sink in my basement. And you recommended this. Does this mean I must install a new stack in the bathroom above the sink level with...

View more questions Search