Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    subramanian1971 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 02:07 AM
    Nutrition for reducing urea & creatinine in the blood
    KIndly let me know the how to reduce urea & creatinine level in the blood i.e what are vegetables to be avoid and what are the vegetables to be eat.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 24, 2009, 05:20 AM

When kidneys become compromised due to diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure, creatinine and urea levels increase. It isn't so much as what to eat, but keeping the body's filtration system well lubricated by drinking more water to flush out impurities. When this is accomplished, urea and creatinine levels will reduce.

If you are a diabetic you must have regular blood work done by your doctor so your system can be monitored and your medications adjusted to suit your current medical situation.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2009, 09:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    When kidneys become compromised due to diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure, creatinine and urea levels increase. It isnt so much as what to eat, but keeping the body's filtration system well lubricated by drinking more water to flush out impurities. When this is accomplished, urea and creatinine levels will reduce.

If you are a diabetic you must have regular blood work done by your doctor so your system can be monitored and your medications adjusted to suit your current medical situation.

My husband died of end stage kidney disease - in his case (and very possibly only in his case) we were told years after the symptoms/signs first appeared that his fluid intake should have been monitored when the symptoms first appeared. Instead he was encouraged to drink a LOT of water to keep his kidneys "flushed" and, in fact, it made the situation worse because his kidneys were not capable of filtering that much fluid.

As I said - I don't know about anything but his case but that's what we were told.
    Sunilv Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Aug 6, 2009, 09:20 PM
    My mother had high creatinine level with polycyst kidney and we followed the treatment mentioned by Swami Ramdev of Patanjali Yog peeth. Now the creatinine level has come down and potassium level has come under control. We are following on the below mentioned by him.
    1. Diet
    2. Kapalabathi pranayam and Yog
    3. Ayurvedic medicine
    arunabha123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2010, 11:24 PM
    Mr.Sunil,my mother too is suffering from polycystic kidney disease.Her creatine level has gone up to 5.6,haemoglobin is 5.2,can you kindly tell me details what procedures of ramdev baba you followed for your mother.I will be ever grateful to you if u provide the detailed information of the process,& what was your mother's creatine initially,& after ramdev baba's treatment what was creatinine,my email is <EMAIL REMOVED> send me kindly,thnxxxxxxxxxx.
    ra3doon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2010, 07:17 AM
    Heey Sunilv can you tell me in details because my mother suffering also from creatine??
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2010, 09:20 AM

My husband died from the complications of diabetes/kidney disease.

Consult with a Physician. Treating kidney failure (even in its early stages) without medical intervention is going to kill your mother. That's the plain and simple truth.

Notice that people on this thread posted once and never returned.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 23, 2010, 11:32 AM

I have a new palliative client, female, 85, vascular disease, congestive heart failure and type 1 diabetes. She had previously been on dialysis three times a week for a couple of years. Her kidneys have failed completely and she is now off dialysis because it didn't help. She is waiting to die, just a matter of time. I am there to make sure she is comfortable and clean.

I hate diabetes. I can always see this coming even when I have clients with diabetes who are elderly and always followed doctor's orders, followed a diet, proper medication. I have type 2 diabetes and I know a few of AMHD members have it as well.

This is why it is so devastating when you are diagnosed with diabetes and in the medical field; you know what your elder years are going to be filled with (quite possibly).

HealthCanada has stated that diabetes is an epidemic in Canada and we haven't got a diabetes clinic in our new hospital any longer, so have to go to Kingston.

I hope your husband didn't suffer, Judy, with his diabetes and kidney failure.

I would never presume to use any herbal remedies for my diabetes.

Tick
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2010, 11:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    HealthCanada has stated that diabetes is an epidemic in Canada and we havent got a diabetes clinic in our new hospital any longer, so have to go to Kingston.

I hope your husband didnt suffer, Judy, with his diabetes and kidney failure.

I would never presume to use any herbal remedies for my diabetes.

tick

Thanks, Tick - he had a very hard death, 3-1/2 weeks in a coma following a dreadful 3 years, a difficult 2 years. Kidney failure is not pretty; dialysis (for him) was dreadful.

I know you know what all this means - he had total peripheral neuropathy, lost part of both feet and was going blind at the time of his death.

I know what he went through and when people don't seek treatment from a Physician my heart sinks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can reduce Creatinine level in blood [ 16 Answers ]

Dear any Nephrologist member, Am Kumar 37 years, Male. Recently I noticed my Creatinine level is increasing from 1.3 to 1.52. Am HT past 8 years and under medication. How can reduce creatinine? What will be harmful to my health? Some calcium deposits find in my Kidney also. Your early answer...

Reducing and Non reducing sugars [ 2 Answers ]

Why is a sugar reducing and nonreducing?

What is Creatinine? [ 1 Answers ]

CREATININE *If you are sent to the lab to test your blood for creatinine, what is the test trying to confirm?

View more questions Search