Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    huntercode Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2009, 11:24 AM
    2 weeks delayed, 5 PT negative result?
    I'm 2 weeks delay, my period should start last feb 28. I used PT yesterday not my 1st urine and it was negative. The other 4 PT that I used are all my first urine. Now I'm wondering am I pregnant? I had no symptoms I don't know if am just stresses out thinking. Please help me need advice thanks..
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2009, 04:24 PM

Might be pregnant, but you may have just skipped a period. See what happens when your next period is due. If you think there is a good chance of being pregnant, treat yourself as though you might be with any lifestyle changes that would be appropriate.

If still no period for March, try another test and/or see your doctor.

Mar 14, 2009, 04:30 PM
    Is it possible that the PT does not trace any HCG even if I'm 2 weeks late already?
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2009, 04:53 PM

Yes... although it is not the norm, sometimes the urine tests will not pick up a pregnancy for several weeks. This is why some doctors will suggest waiting until two periods have been missed before doing a blood test if still getting a negative on a urine test.

Mar 19, 2009, 03:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC View Post
    Yes....although it is not the norm, sometimes the urine tests will not pick up a pregnancy for several weeks. This is why some doctors will suggest waiting until two periods have been missed before doing a blood test if still getting a negative on a urine test.
    I used another PT just this morning and the result is negative. I'm not feeling any symptoms I'm so worried that I might be pregnant. Is there any instances that just missed my period and not pregnant? And how possible is that? I have read same questions on the net but they all have different answers I don't know what to believe.. PLEASE HELP...
    ... im almost 3 weeks delayed no symptoms felt, I have some whitish vaginal discharge is that a bad sign? Thanks... :confused:
    justsillyme Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2009, 05:54 PM

I'm going through some of the same thing. I should have gotten my period on March 10th, so I'm about 10 days late now. I've taken 4 urine tests at home, all negative.

I finally made an appointment today and took a urine test at the gynecologist's office, which was also negative.

The doctor said she thought I had just not ovulated last month, possibly due to stress. I'm still unsure, because I've been stressed before and nothing has ever affected my very regular period. I have also "felt" like I was having my period for the last couple of days, but nothing has happened. Around the 10th, I also "felt" like I was getting my period. I don't understand why I would have a grumbly/achy stomach if I never ovulated.

I just wish I knew for sure, before I start new birth control pills!
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2009, 03:12 AM

Yes to both questions... yes, it is possible the urine test just isn't picking it up yet... although most of the time it would have by now. It is also possible you are just skipping a cycle... while not the norm for someone who is very regular, it happens sometimes.
    See whether you have a period when it would be due again in the next few weeks. If still no period, try another test and/or go in to see your doctor.

Mar 21, 2009, 01:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC View Post
    Yes to both questions.......yes, it is possible the urine test just isn't picking it up yet...although most of the time it would have by now. It is also possible you are just skipping a cycle....while not the norm for someone who is very regular, it happens sometimes.
    See whether or not you have a period when it would be due again in the next few weeks. If still no period, try another test and/or go in to see your doctor.
    Thanks for the reply... my next period is due this 28th of march. I kept on thinking about this every single day hope I know what's happening. Do you know anyone who just skipped their cycle?
    Before my period starts by 17th of the month, the next month 22nd, the next month 28... I don't know if that's irregular... but I've been having my period on the 28th day of the month for the past 3 months... really confused:confused::confused:

Mar 21, 2009, 01:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by justsillyme View Post
    I'm going through some of the same thing. I should have gotten my period on March 10th, so I'm about 10 days late now. I've taken 4 urine tests at home, all negative.

I finally made an appointment today and took a urine test at the gynecologist's office, which was also negative.

The doctor said she thought I had just not ovulated last month, possibly due to stress. I'm still unsure, because I've been stressed before and nothing has ever affected my very regular period. I have also "felt" like I was having my period for the last couple of days, but nothing has happened. Around the 10th, I also "felt" like I was getting my period. I don't understand why I would have a grumbly/achy stomach if I never ovulated.

I just wish I knew for sure, before I start new birth control pills!
    Hi... the 2 weeks before my missed period I have my signs that I'm having my period like my breast are sore and I'm craving sweets. Till then I still not have my period it drives my crazy thinking of it...
    Do ask for a transviginal ultrasound? And how much do you pay for the test?
    I have a friend she had a positive test and 10 days delayed she decided to have a ultrasound but not the transviginal thou... and the tech. don't see anything... my next period is due on the 28... please let me know what happen to you...
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2009, 05:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by huntercode View Post
    thanks for the reply...my next period is due this 28th of march. i kept on thinking about this every single day hope i know whats happening. do u know anyone who just skipped their cycle?
    before my period starts by 17th of the month, the next month 22nd, the next month 28....i dont know if thats irregular...but i've been having my period on the 28th day of the month for the past 3 months....really confused:confused::confused:

I know of many women who have skipped a cycle now and then. I'd give it a week after you think your period is due and then see your doctor about having a blood test if you still don't have a period.

Apr 9, 2009, 10:10 PM
    Hello! I missed my period for 2 months and 11 days. I've had my last period last jan.28, 2009. I haven't experience any symptoms of early pregnancy. I was worried to death and don't know what to do I used tons of PT and most of them are 1st urine and still the result is negative. 1 week before April 7 I experienced breast tenderness and soreness oh my god its so painfull. But its only for 3 days... then I was surprised one night when I go to restroom I had already my period... and its so heavy... so today is my 3rd day of period... thank god!! Thank you for answering my questions when I needed it... :)
    kris_24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2011, 10:49 PM
    Q:hi I'm 1 month 2 weeks missed period,then I'm using a 6 pregnancy test every week,then the result is negative... what is the problem of that??
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2011, 04:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kris_24 View Post
    Q:hi i'm 1 month 2 weeks missed period,then i'm using a 6 pregnancy test every week,then the result is negative...what is the problem of that???????
    Hi Kris,

See what happens when your period would be due the next month. It can sometimes happen where a month will be skipped and then cycles are back on track. If you miss two periods in a row, try another pregnancy test at that time. If still negative, see your doctor about having a blood test done. If not pregnant, they will try to determine another cause for the lack of periods.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Almost 2 weeks late and negative. Result [ 4 Answers ]

Ok so I normally start between the 22-27 and I'm late. Last month I started on the 22, I'm only on for 3-4 days. But I am a week and 4 days past due for my period and I have never been late. I have days where I feel like I'm about to start but then it will go away. I get pains in my left rib here...

2 missed periods but negative result [ 2 Answers ]

I have had two missed periods but am getting negative pregnancy results. I am getting regular cramping sometimes severe cramping. My lower back hurts and I feel really weak and dizzy most of the time. I have no energy and cannot understand what is happening. My lower abdoman keeps going tight and...

Two weeks late and negative result. [ 17 Answers ]

So I'm 19 and I have now missed my period for two weeks, I have symptoms such as really tired, cramping in my lower back, headaches, feeling sick to my stomach. I took a home pregnancy test and it came back negative. What are the chances I'm pregnant.

I Think I'm pregnant but Negative result [ 6 Answers ]

I am 20 and on BC for five years but my last week break (end of october) my period was very light with hardly any pain which is not normal for me that making my last 'normal' period the middle of September I may have been unprotected when had tummy bug at the end sept beginning of oct and now have...

Late period of 2 weeks but negative result [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I just have a few questions that I want to ask if anyone has got an answer canyou please message back. Well I have a late period of about 2 and a half weeks now. I took a HPT 5 days ago. I am going to take another one Sunday to see what that says as I have a few symptoms of pregnancy...

View more questions Search