Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    floridaorange Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2009, 01:22 PM
    Daughter in law from hell
    Hello all

I just need to vent a little about my sons wife. She is such a little devil.

Last weekend they got married and I am so pissed at her because when the photographer was taking pictures, he was only taking pictures of her and me and my daughter was so upset because we were trying to get some pictures of the bride and groom with some friends and family members. The photographer was not listening to us at all and I know that she told him not to take pictures of the groom with his family.
    When I got married I was so nervous and busy all the time that I did not even have time to sit down and eat, but that little fat still managed to sit and eat her food. Me and my daughters were left going around and talking to the guest and only later did she and my son go around and talk to people.

We do so much for her, we feel sorry for her because she is a foreigner with no family here, she has been living with us for a year now, something I didn't want, but I know that she and my son cannot afford to move out right now as she cannot find a proper job without a green card.

Whenever we invite her to go out with us she just says in this stupid little voice I'm okay, but thank you. After everything I do for her she treats me like crap. When her family came for the wedding, we let them stay here. I think she was a little pissed because they paid a lot of money to come here and do some sight seeing, but we were too busy to take them anywhere. I had to do my nails and hair for the wedding. That stupid little cow did her nails a week before so that she did not have to sit a the salon for 2 hours getting pampered so she can spend time with her family. I understand that she did not see them for 2 years, but it was the week of the wedding, what do you expect me to do and we did take them sight seeing so I do not know what her problem was.

She doesn't even eat the food we make or clean up or anything, she cleans up after herself, but that is not good enough, I'm not the only one who lives in this house.

She turned my son against me too. He is always yelling at me because "someone" had told him that me and my daughter were going around bad mouthing his wife to everyone we know. Ill admit that we do gossip about her, but only to each other. Urrggh, I can stand her:mad:

We do everything for her, when we buy her clothes she never wears it, says its too big, yeah right, with that fat of hers. I offered to take her to dinner for her birhtday and she just said in this stupid voice, I think DL, my son, has already made plans. We only ever treated her well, but she is such and ungrateful cow. When me and my daughter confront her about her attitude problem, she always makes excuses not to talk to us, says she will be happy to tlak if you stop ganging up on her and screaming. We do not scream we just talk loud.

No one likes her and no one wants to have anything to do with her. She is so fake, smiling and joking with people, everyone knows she is fake. I bought her so many gifts for her bridal shower and my daughter went out of her way to throw her a surprise shower and to organize her bachelorette party.

My daughter lives downstairs and can hear everything they do, I mean everything, she is such a slut, can't they do it when no one is home. I mean everyone we tell this to says that it is this respectful and my daughter even said it to a bunch of people in front of that little devil to embarrass her with the hopes that she get the point that its disrespectful.

The other day she started raising her voice at me, telling me to stay our of her and my sons personal business. I went to the bank the other day to deposit some money into their bank account, this way I can see what they have in their account and maybe give them more if they need, but "someone" told the bank that only her and my son are allowed access to their account, what a load of bull.

I cannot stand her and I know there are many of you out there who feel the same about your dil's. I wish she would pack her bags and go back to where she came from. Good ridence.

Tell me what you think.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Mar 13, 2009, 03:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
    she is such a little devil.
    I like feisty!

...but that little fat still managed to sit and eat her food.
    The nerve! "Wedding day" = "should be hungry" in my book.

me and my daughters were left going around and talking to the guest and only later did she and my son go around and talk to people.
    I bet they were busy earlier getting married.

whenever we invite her to go out with us she just says in this stupid little voice im okay, but thank you.
    She's low maintenance. Check.

that stupid little cow did her nails a week before so that she did not have to sit a the salon for 2 hours getting pampered so she can spend time with her family.
    She can think logically, rationally, and plan ahead. Check.

she doesnt even eat the food we make ... she cleans up after herself...
    She's self sufficient. Check.

..."someone" had told him that me and my daughter were going around bad mouthing his wife to everyone we know.
    Words like "devil", "fat", "stupid", "cow", "fake", and "slut" expressed in a public worldwide forum could be construed that way.

she always makes excuses not to talk to us, says she will be happy to tlak if you stop ganging up on her and screaming. we do not scream we just talk loud.
    LOL. She's smart. Check.

no one likes her...
    Be still my heart...

she is such a slut...
    Experienced. Check.

i went to the bank the other day to deposit some money into their bank account, this way i can see what they have in their account ...but "someone" told the bank that only her and my son are allowed access to their account,
    *speechless*

...and maybe give them more if they need... what a load of bull.
    I'm thinking the same.

tell me what you think.
    If she ever tires of you and leaves your son, send her my way. Sounds like a keeper.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2009, 03:43 PM

I would be so curious to know what she thinks of you.
    Many of the problems you have could be a cultural clash.She has been raised differently than you.
    The way you speak about her and the words you use to describe her are so derogatory as to make me shutter.
    Leave her and your son alone. Clearly,you will never have a relationship.Stay out of their life before you lose your son.
    tammerzrocks777 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Mar 15, 2009, 11:34 AM

I agree with art lady... and the quotes above... this girl is just not interested in your drama. You should just drop it and except that she is who she is. You could lose your son is that realllllllllllllllllllly what you want. It sounds like maybe you and your daughter are just jealous of the attention she is getting from your son that you use to get...
    MicroMama Posts: 27, Reputation: 7

Mar 18, 2009, 12:11 PM

Sorry but you sound really mean. She's just trying to keep her distance because you obviously do not like her. The things you've said are SO awful and derogatory -- foreigner, fat, stupid, cow, slut -- gee, I wonder why she doesn't want to go out with you! Seriously are you for real? You are a mother in law from hell. I thank my lucky stars that my own mother in law is a wonderful person.

You can either start treating your daughter-in-law with some respect and keep your mouth shut or you can continue to alienate both her and your son. You don't have to love her but remember that this is the woman that your son LOVES. This is the woman he has chosen to spend the rest of his life with. Doesn't that mean anything to you? It should!
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 18, 2009, 12:26 PM

My god... you describe me.

Thank god, my mother in law doesn't treat me the way that you do her.

No wonder she wants nothing to do with you.
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Mar 18, 2009, 01:09 PM

What amazes me is that you are shocked at her behavior. She is clearly not enjoying life with you. Accessing their personal bank account with our permission just may be a federal offense. What are you looking for... What is your plan here, you don't like her because she is not from here? Or you are bitter because she is with your son? What's the real deal??
    You are a piece of work. This must be a joke? Floridaorange... I think your rotten. She's not from hell... she is in hell. You need to stop and like right now before you drive a wedge between you and your son. They are newlyweds and you expect them to keep their hands off each other. YOUR INSANE!
    kanicky73 Posts: 484, Reputation: 63

Mar 18, 2009, 02:03 PM

I sat hear reading this with my jaw hanging on the desk!! This poor girl! She is not the problem, you are. It seems to me that you are one of those mothers who can't keep her nose out of her sons business. How dare you deposit money into their account and then get mad cause you can't see their balance!! That is a bunch of horse manure that you only want to see it to decipher if they need help or not. Give your son the money and let him deposit it himself! As far as her not wanting to go and do stuff with you, you have already given her enough reasons not to like you and to label you as the mother in law from hell, why should she want to do anything with you. I certainly wouldn't want to sit down at the dinner table and eat with you, for fear of that would be your next conversation at the beauty salon about how much I ate or what I pig I am. You really ought to be ashamed of yourself. I think your son needs to sit you down and lay down some ground rules when it comes to his wife. If you have a problem with something she does, go to him with it. And for gods sake stop acting like a 14 year high schooler and bad mouthing her around town. Don't you know that when people gossip like that you just make yourself look worse than the person you are gossiping about. Its sad that the people who are even listening to your nonsense even give you the time of day or just agree with you for sake of argument. I would tell you to shut your pie hole and deal with it or kick them out and in the meantime grow the heck up! You are suppposed to be happy that your son met someone that he loves and is happy. And a double shame on you for making comments about her weight. Unless you have ever dealt with weight issues in your life you have no idea what its like. Some people have medical reasons for why they are over weight. Boy wouldn't you feel like a horses behind if you found out down the road that she is diabetic or something and despite having to make rounds at the wedding she needed to eat something first so she wouldn't pass out! I am so disgusted with your comments, and I hope you have taken some time to sit back and evaluate what you have written because right now you are the one looking like the bad guy!!
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Mar 18, 2009, 02:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kanicky73 View Post
    I sat hear reading this with my jaw hanging on the desk!!!! If you have a problem with something she does, go to him with it.
    Amen sister... the above is the only part I don't agree with. Don't you dare go to him with your nonsense... you will be sorry
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2009, 07:37 PM

Wow. I agree wholeheartedly with the other posters. First, you say she's from another country. OK, she is not accostomed to the food you eat, or to your customs even if she's been there a long time, it doesn't feel like home to her, and she's not been raised there so naturally doesn't know how to fit in. So, get off her case. If you'd like help, ask her in a respectful way, "Kate would you mind putting the forks on the table?" or whatever. If she prepares different food, perhaps ask her about what she eats at home, what she likes - consider having her cook dinner for the family with her traditional foods, and even if it's not for you, show an interest and try it without complaining and calling it gross, etc.

As for calling her a pig and fat cow and all that, it's a disrespectful gesture to all women. Does she owe it to you to look a particular way? So she's overweight - get over it!! Your son apparently finds her attractive and your ONLY job is to support your son's marriage, not to deride his wife with sophomoric insults.

As for her family coming into town and when she got her manicure and all that crap, are you kidding me? You are being truly infantile. She was getting married, living with the mother of her fiancé and his sister - both of whom openly hate her. She was having these important parties pre-wedding thrown by people who didn't like her, gifts given out of obligation rather than joy. How exactly is she supposed to feel about all this hurt and insult?

You owe both she and your son a huge apology. And if having them in the household is not working, you need to put on your big girl panties, sit down with them in a respectful manner and work out a plan for them to move to their own apartment as soon as possible. She should be able to soon get a green card so she can work, and in the meantime, it will be your son's responsibility to support both of them. That's what married people do.

As for you having access to their bank account, again - are you kidding me? So you can check up on them? If you want to give your son money, give him the money and then as a gift, you need to trust him to manage it. If you don't trust him to manage it, it's very simple - don't give it to him.

I wish your new daughter in law every blessing - she really married into quite the load of a family as far as your behavior demonstrates! Grow up!!
    Leidenschaftlich für Wahr Posts: 243, Reputation: 46

Aug 29, 2009, 08:20 PM

I didn't know whether to laugh or be totally shocked at this! YOU are the one with the problem. Wayyyy.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Aug 29, 2009, 09:06 PM
    YOU, are the mother-in-law from hell.

I am hoping this is some sort of sick joke, and you're putting us all on.

I'm not going to address this ridiculous invasion you have dumped upon your son and his new wife; trashing her at every turn, gossiping about her, listening to her every move, sneaking into their bank accounts (thank God the bank stopped you). What else have you done besides badmouth, disrespect, spew venim, and show a total and complete lack of boundaries toward another human being.

I wish it were her writing about you. I'd tell her to pack her bags and move to a shelter rather than spend another night in your abusive, dysfunctional, toxic home.

You are a negative person full of hate, and you really need to get yourself into counselling. Leave her alone, leave them alone. Mind your own business, and keep your opinions to yourself.

This IS a joke, right?
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2009, 08:59 AM

Since this post is from March,I suspect they have either duked it out by now or the poor girl has taken to the hills!
    Emotional Health Expert

Aug 30, 2009, 01:44 PM
    Thanks ArtLady, I missed the date entirely.

Wonder what happened to them...
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2009, 04:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake2008 View Post
    Thanks ArtLady, I missed the date entirely.

Wonder what happened to them........
    I hope the daughter in law got away form the Mother in law from hell. :eek:

I responded to a thread the other day and even pulled Alty in to answer,only to later look and see that it was months old.

The newbies like to search for threads and revive them.

I have since tried to pay more attention. I felt so bad to make Alty get all Altish (;))
    All for naught.
    I also never pay attention to previous threads and Tal is always on that !

Hopefully they have made peace.. highly doubtful.How can someone talk so awful about another person ?:confused:
    Emotional Health Expert

Aug 30, 2009, 08:04 PM
    Well, when Alty gets Altyish, and Judy gets her Spidey senses going, it's all good. :)
    spoilsport Posts: 50, Reputation: 2

Sep 4, 2009, 02:00 AM

Hi. I agree you are mad at her, angry hurt.
    Please first of all define some rules you will keep. Things you will do for your daughter in law ( if it were anyone she is your sons wife first then your daughter in law. )

Get yourself a hobby. Stop watching her so closely. Keep some errands that are harmless which she does - if she doesn't do it.. it remains not done..

In most joint families -orthodox that is, daughter inlaw have to stay with mother in laws - it's a part of culture- so you are doing what a majority of certain populations will do. Nothing different.

She is smiling - big plus- and tries to fake it- another big plus. Are you at least doing that?

Be patient. Who is more elder? Who has already gone through a mother in law? Who has more experience?
    Answer -you. So you are the one who can be a coach.

God you agree you gossip. Don't gossip - you are making her feel vulnerable.

She will definatley resent it. Would you like it if you hear her say the same things you say about her?

Did you shop with her?
    Just because you buy clothes for her doesn't mean its fit for her to wear! (sorry.. but try to imagine if you were forced to wear something just because your mother inlaw got it)

What do you mean your daughter listens to everything? Do you mean at night?
    If so get your daughter to keep her nose out of a husband-wife relationship!!

How in the world can anyone call her a slut? She is your sons wife!

Please some grace and dignity please
    spoilsport Posts: 50, Reputation: 2

Sep 4, 2009, 02:05 AM

You are interfering in the back accounts!

Why? To help them? Did she or they ask for it?

That's a definite no no.. Don't get in between a husband and wife.
    kimer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2009, 08:17 AM
    I also have a daughter in law from hell. But came here to Canada from Brazil as a student, and married my son six months later. Has ripped our family apart.
    But a little advise (maybe) give up all access to bank accounts, and any of their personal business, have them move out NOW!! That way they can live there own lives and become independent. You can give them a fish and feed them for a day or you can teach them to fish and feed them for a life time. "STOP SUPPORTING THEM" you really aren't helping them any.
    One thing I have learned from my daughter in law. You can't change who they are, or the fact that they married our sons. Its hard but he could be on the other side of the world and you wouldn't see him. Which almost happened to my son and still might, but because he has a great and secure job here which pays really well, and that he doesn't speak Portugeuse is in our favor for now. She is rude and ignorant and has nothing to do with us, but he still keeps in contact and always shows up for Birthdays etc. for the family (she hardly ever does unless he buys her a new dress or something to bribe her) which she admits.
    She convienced him to sell his house and move away (but only 2 hours) cause he still has to commute to work. He made a lot of money on the sell of his house, and now are rentingbecause she couldn't find anything she liked. (this was 1 month ago) My son called me she is now returning to BRAZIL to visit her family for three months because she hates winter here its to cold.
    Now he has moved away from all his family and friends. He will live far away and all alone, But he's a grown man and its his choice. Everyone has tried to warn him but he is to snitten with her to listen.
    bkha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2009, 12:50 AM
    My son married a german girl, and I am the one who is sponsoring her, a few weeks ago my son was in the hospital running a very high fever.He asked me to come and stay at his house so I wouldn't have to stay in a hotel. So I did. I was so worried about him. I live over an hr and half away.. I went to the hospital and stayed for several hours with him.. then I went back to his house and slept. The next morning as me and her and my daughter drove back to the hospital , I was sitting in the back sit crying with worry over my son, his wife turned around and said this to me, " I dont appreicate that you did not ask my permission if you could stay at my house!" I got so upset and angry, that I had to have my daughter pull over and let me out of the car... so I do kind of understand where you are coming from.. she does not want me to be in my sons life at all. And my the way, I recently found out that during this timeof my sons illness, she had received her green card..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Welcome to hell. [ 2 Answers ]

While walking down the street one day a 'Member of Congress' is tragically hit by a truck and dies. His soul arrives in heaven and is met by St. Peter at the entrance. 'Welcome to heaven,' says St. Peter. 'Before you settle in, it seems there is a problem. We seldom see a high official...

What the hell is going on? [ 14 Answers ]

OK so I met a girl just over a month ago, we went out 3 times, she is a year older than me, and we seemed to really get on and like each other. I accept she is rubbish at replying to text messages, and fb messages, But we went out on Monday, spent all day 2gther, she kept asking to come and see my...

Daughter in law from hell [ 11 Answers ]

My daughter in law called me screaming that I didn't love her or treat her right. Not true I have tried so hard to make her feel welcome in our lives. She has my son convinced of it. It started months ago while she was pregnant. My best friend works for the OB she goes to. My daughter in laws...

What the hell can I do ! [ 12 Answers ]

Hey guys and ladis.. I know that so silly for what I ask for.. but any way I'll talk ;]. It's about Social relations , I feel like am afraid from all people around me.. stuck into my room.. Sorry about that, 2 post like the same question.. But for me no , really I feel scared when m going...

View more questions Search