Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    awhite5336 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2007, 03:21 PM
    Changing light bulb in harbor breeze ceiling fan
    I just bought a new harbor breeze ceiling fan and the light went out. After finally figuring out how to get the light fixture off the ceiling fan, I'm now trying to figure how to open the enclosure of the light. This fan was not made with the consumer's best interest. The screw heads are on the inside with only the bolt ends accessible.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2007, 04:02 PM
    Are there nuts on the ends of the bolts you can remove? If not, perhaps the glass removes separate from the screws. Sometimes it rotates and then drops out.
    mns5kph Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2009, 04:34 PM
    No bolts only a glass dome in a bronze setting . There is a arrow saying to unlock turn a certain way but continue to turn it and it will not open.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 16, 2009, 04:42 PM

Instead of turn the bolts or screws try turning the entire globe counterclockwise. You must hold the fixture and put you palm on the globe,make the motion as a sharp twist.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2009, 11:56 PM

When you line it up properly it will drop out.
    petcon17 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2011, 05:04 PM
    I have a Harbor Breeze TK52-5LKRC. I removed the globe just as you described, by turning the globe counter clockwise. It was stiff at first, but when I gently pushed up and turned it counter clockwise about a quarter turn it came right off. Mine uses a 100 watt bulb and can be dimmed by holding down the light button on the remote control.

I had to take off the light shroud to get at the screws for the fan blades. There are six screws. Three for the shroud and three for the assembly behind the shroud. Just unscrew the one shroud screw that doesn't have the keyhole cut out, loosen the other two, and twist and remove the shroud. DOn't be fooled if it sticks. There is a gasket that can make it seem like other screws are holding the thing together. They are not. If you loosen the two keyhole screws enough you can tilt the shroud to break it loose from the gasket. Once you get the shroud off you will see the blade screws. Tighten them and you may solve most of your balance problems. I had one blade so loose that it was flopping and making the fan rock. Once I tightened it there was no balance problem.
    Smtmsstnd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2012, 07:53 PM
    Petcon... your answer reflects why you should read the manual!
    Thank you.
    Geno53 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2013, 12:29 PM
    Worst design in the world!
    MechGenius Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2013, 08:34 AM
    All, Thanks for helping solve the mystery. My model took a counterclockwise turn. It had been many years since the light bulb had been changed. It took both hands and a good amount of pressure to loosen up the globe. This Harbor Breeze remote fan looks great but what a frustratingly complicated design. I would never buy remote fan. This one came with the house, so no owner's manual.
    Char63 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2016, 01:37 PM
    Getting the glass cover off to change the bulb is next to impossible and very frustrating. It may be easier just to get a whole new fan! UGh

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan w/ Light [ 11 Answers ]

Please help! I cannot figure out how to change the burnt out light in my ceiling fan. I have tried turning the glass portion, but it won't budge. Any ideas? I've tried the Harbor Breeze website, but cannot find the manual online. :( Thanks!

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan With Neon Light Kit [ 5 Answers ]

I have purchased and installed a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan with a blue neon light kit. It was neat at first, but I am trying to sell my home and really need a more conservative light kit. Does anyone have any ideas where I can find a replacement or if it can be replaced at all? Please advise. ...

Harbor Breeze Aero ceiling fan/light - manual? [ 1 Answers ]

I installed an Aero 52" fan in my son's room last year. It worked fine for a couple of months then stopped. I have our handyman looking at it now and he thinks the remote might be broken, but would like to look at the Installation Manual. I threw that away shortly after installing it and having it...

Harbor Breeze 52" Aero Ceiling Fan Light Replacement [ 1 Answers ]

Just moved into a new apartment, and the light in my ceiling fan blew out. I have tried and tried but can not seem to figure out how to open the light fixture to replace the bulb. Any suggestions?

Changing light bulb - Hampton Bay Romano Ceiling Fan [ 1 Answers ]

How do I change the light bulb on a Hampton Bay Romano ceiling fan? Fan came with the house but no manual. I tried to turn the light pan but it will turn for a couple revolutions then... nothing? Thanks.

View more questions Search