Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scopiques Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2006, 06:21 AM
    Water Tank Gurgling
    My pressure switch is turning on/off every 10 seconds. When it turns off, I hear a gurgling sound in my water tank. We are also without water pressure in the house. I believe my pressure gauge is bad, so no help there. But I was wondering if you guys think it might be the check or foot valve?

Been searching all morning on the net to try to find out what my problem is. Many thanks in advance.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 30, 2006, 11:38 AM
    "I was wondering if you guys think it might be the check or foot valve?"

That would be the first thing I checked. Tom

Aug 31, 2006, 09:38 AM
    First time I've tried something like this, but it appears to be quite simple according to the research I've done. But wouldn't you know, I've been stumped before I can even really get started! I can't separate the hose from the elbow so I can pull the pump up out of the well. Is there a simple way of doing this? It will twist and wiggle, but all my might cannot get it to separate! Will I just have to snip the short section from the elbow to the 3-way that goes down into the well and then replace it once I've finished? If so... do they sale very short sections of that stuff? I only need like 6 inches worth.

Thanks again
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 31, 2006, 10:50 AM
    You have a submersible pump? In my area all the pumps are shallow well sprinkler pumps. I'm not familiar with your set up.
    Perhaps Icould help with the fitting if I had more details or a picture. Regards, tom

Aug 31, 2006, 01:38 PM
    Here is a picture. I disconnected the clamps on both sides of the elbow pictured. The elbow is loose and wiggles, but will not come loose from the hose. The top section that looks to be 4 inches long is what I'm thinking I need to cut in half and replace once I get the pump repaired.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water tank height versus water pressure [ 3 Answers ]

I'm not a physicist so I need your help. I live in Mexico. We have a water tank sitting on the roof - there is no pressure pump. The water pressure in the house is very low. Is there a rule of thumb (for the common man) that will tell me how how much pressure increase will result from raising...

Hot water venting into cold water tank [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I posted my query here a while back but unfortunately it appears to have been left to fester :confused: (query was hot water from cold water tap). After a couple more visits by a plumber, his view is that the hot water tank is overheating, venting hot water into the cold water tank at the...

Can one shut off water main valve but leave gas hot water tank on? [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know if I go away for two days and shut my main water shutoff valve can I leave my gas hot water tank on. I saw two answers To a similar question and one answer said you can leave it on and the other Said you had to shut it off. I am confused now as to whether I can leave the gas...

Low boy hot water tank [ 3 Answers ]

Dear Sirs: I need a new lowboy hot water tank. It has to be 48" or less I can't find one. Can you help ? Dave

Water well tank air [ 2 Answers ]

:) Hello Tom aka speedball1 I have a water tank that is 24" Dia X 60" high Galvanized steel. I put a new control box, turned on the water pump (submersible) The tank received to same level as usual (about 36" from bottom of tank) And the pump stopped at the settled pressure 47 and kicks...

View more questions Search