Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1charityap Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2009, 10:13 AM
    How much hot dogs and hamburger for 40 people.
    I am hosting a baby shower and expect to have 40-50 people (about 10 are children). I need to know how much hamburger and hot dogs I would need. Any ideas to cut costs would also be welcomed!
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2009, 10:20 AM

I find with functions like that it may be easier to do cocktail sausages and sandwiches or is this not an option?

It's just that these would be cheaper and they are easier to distribute?

Mar 16, 2009, 10:26 AM
    That is a possibility, especially if its cheaper. So I would just need to know how much of all that I would need.
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2009, 10:30 AM

You could just get a couple of loafs of bread, cheap, and some fillers i.e ham and cheese, lettuce, tuna, all cheap.

Then if you get the frozen cocktail sausages, 2 or 3 bags.

Get some chips, make some dip, happy days!
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2009, 10:31 AM

Yea, I agree with neverme. It would be cheaper. If you could get the meat on sale it would be OK. It all depends on who wants what. Some people may eat nothing where some people may eat a hamburger and 2 hot dogs. So, it may vary greatly. If you could make about 40 hamburgers with 10 lbs of hamburger at say $2.50 per pound then it will be $25.00 for the hamburger depending if you catch it on sale or anything. As far as the hot dogs if you got 5 packs of 10 hot dogs at 2 dollars per pack that would be another $10. So it could be anywhere from $35 and up. Does that work for you?
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2009, 10:33 AM
    Spinach dip

235 ml mayonnaise
    454.4 g sour cream
    50.4 g dry leek soup mix
    1 (4 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
    142 g frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained

In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, dry leek soup mix, water chestnuts and chopped spinach. Chill in the refrigerator 6 hours, or overnight.

Cheap and yummy!
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2009, 10:38 AM
    Salsa

4 large tomatoes, diced
    0.5 large onion, minced
    3 cloves garlic, chopped
    30 g chopped fresh cilantro
    1 jalapeņo pepper, seeded and minced
    30 ml fresh lime juice

1. In a small mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, cilantro and lime juice. Add jalapeņos 2 teaspoons at a time, tasting after each addition to see how hot the salsa has become. Jalapeņo peppers vary in heat, so it is important to taste the salsa to ensure you do not make it too hot to handle. Salt to taste.

I would probably triple or quadruple these recipes, but they are affordable and easy to do.

Mar 16, 2009, 10:40 AM
    Thank you for the info. I think I will probably go w/the sandwiches... but I love hamburgers and hotdogs!
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2009, 10:50 AM

Ok, good to know Charityap. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Poor people owning dogs. [ 32 Answers ]

Here's a question that I'll ask in it's most simple form: How do we all feel about poor people owning dogs?

How much hamburger? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! We're hosting a birthday party and 40 people are invited -- this includes kids. I'm planning to make loose meat maidrites and want to know... how many pounds of hamburger should I prepare? Thank you!

Hamburger? Why not Beef [ 5 Answers ]

Why is it called a Hamburger if it is made of beef? I know it's a silly question but I been wondering... ^.^

My 11 week old pom puppy has turned my hands into hamburger [ 2 Answers ]

I have tried everything I have read about or heard on how to stop my puppy from biting and to show her who is the alpha dog. My husband really didn't have much trouble, but I think that is because he has a low strong sounding voice. Do you have any advise that might help me? It's starting to...

Broke Tooth On McDonalds Hamburger [ 2 Answers ]

I live in TX and I ordered a doublequarter pound with cheese meal and when I brought it to work for lunch to eat it, I bit into the burger and broke my back tooth on a bone! I thought I had picked the bone out after I heard my tooth crunch but later checking, I was not able to locate it. My only...

View more questions Search