Ask
    sallana Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2009, 11:19 AM
    Difference between management accounting and cost accounting
    What are the difference between management accounting and cost accounting
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2009, 11:27 AM
    Management (or managerial) accounting deals with the bigger picture: Reports to those inside the organization for planning, directing and motivating, controlling and performance evaluation. Emphasis is on decisions affecting the future.

Cost accounting deals with the costs associated with producing your product/delivering your service, for example: Cost of Goods Sold calculations.
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2009, 04:32 AM

Management accounting helps managers plan and control a company's operations. Accountants prepare budgets to express management's goals in financial terms. After a budget has been adopted, performance reports compare actual results with the budget. Cost accountants help management keep track of how much it costs a company to make the product, or provide the service, it sells.
    kalye Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2011, 11:49 AM
    It is a bit demoralizing to find that many of the answers are too shallow and look plagiarized... we students seeking information need to find new answers to these questions and not duplications from other sites . We want authenticity.. next time I will give you an example of what I am talking about today I was just looking for help.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2011, 01:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kalye View Post
    it is a bit demoralizing to find that many of the answers are too shallow and look plagiarized ...we students seeking information need to find new answers to these questions and not duplications from other sites . we want authenticity..next time i will give you an example of what i am talking about today i was just looking for help.
    Many of the questions are copy/pasted from their homework assignment - they are looking for someone to give them the answers.
    vikassssss Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Mar 2, 2011, 05:07 AM
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    Cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc
    ghulam250 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2011, 11:55 AM
    Can I send the question from matz and usry and I need answer
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2011, 02:42 PM

If you have a squestion start your own thread and other members on this site will see it and try to help you.
    hadhibasha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2011, 11:59 PM
    Good
    brish Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2014, 01:46 PM
    ) The scope of management accounting is broader than that of cost accounting.

2) Both the accounting streams are not a legal requirement.

3) Cost accounting provides only cost information for managerial use whereas management accounting provides all types of accounting information i.e. cost accounting as well as financial accounting information.

4) In Cost accounting, the main emphasis is on cost ascertainment and cost control whereas in management accounting the main emphasis is on decision-making.

5) The various techniques used by cost accounting are standard costing, budgetary control, marginal costing and cost-volume-profit analysis, uniform costing and inter-firm comparison, etc. whereas management accounting also uses these techniques but also uses techniques like ratio analysis, funds flow statement, statistical analysis etc.

6) Cost Accounting is a part of Management Accounting whereas Management accounting is an extension of managerial aspects of cost
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2014, 01:50 PM
    HMM!-Question was asked in 2009, answer probably not needed now. Welcome to AMHD but be sure to check the date of the first post, thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Management accounting [ 3 Answers ]

Question The Tracy Corporation has a machining facility specializing in jobs for the aircraft-components market. Tracy's previous simple job-costing system had two direct-cost categories (direct materials and direct manufacturing labour-hours). The indirect cost-allocation rate of the simple...

What is the difference between Managerial Accounting and Cost Accounting ? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Dears, I want to know about the difference between Managerial Accounting and Cost Accounting. Thanks ! Sincerely Yours, Mohammad Naim

Management accounting: Variable and fixed cost [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone would have any ideas on how to transfer data from the income statement to the contribution margin income statement using a selling expense base and a administrative expense base (both of these are mixed costs) which would separate it into variable and fixed costs. My...

Management accounting [ 2 Answers ]

How can managers use accounting information to help control manufacturing overhead costs?

Management accounting [ 1 Answers ]

How managers can use accounting information to help control manufacturing overhead costs?

View more questions Search