Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kgshobana Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2009, 02:58 AM
    What is the specific gravity and density of cement?
    Tell me what is the specific gravity and weight density of portland cement?:)
    sarnian Posts: 462, Reputation: 9
    -

Mar 14, 2009, 03:56 AM
    Hello kgshobana

The density of portland cement is 1.44 tn/m3 - link

===

See also this link to a handy density conversion list of all sorts of materials.

I hope this helps!
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 19, 2009, 06:50 AM

Be careful here - are you truly asking about the density of cement, or do you mean to ask about the density of concrete? They are different - and many people say "cement" when they mean "concrete." There are many types of concrete, and here is a reference that gives lots of answers to what sounds like a simple question:
    Density of Concrete
    sarnian Posts: 462, Reputation: 9
    -

Mar 20, 2009, 01:50 AM
    Hello ebaines

You are correct on that ! Concrete is a mixture of cement, sand, stone aggregate, and water. With so many possible different mixtures, the density indeed varies over a wide range.
    The remaining amount of air in the mixture (even after trying to trill out as much as possible) is also of influence.

As kgshobana asked for the specific gravity and weight density of portland cement, I assumed the question was indeed about that specific type of cement, not about concrete. Never-the-less a good point !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I used pvc cement instead of all purpose cement [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced some old pipes with cpvc and then realized that the cement was not all purpose, just pvc. Will it hold?

Density of air [ 2 Answers ]

Why density of air decreses with altitude

Bulk density of cement [ 1 Answers ]

Pl. Tell me the Bulk Density of cement

Specific gravity and density [ 2 Answers ]

3) An object made of iron has a mass of 5.68 g. When place in a graduated cylinder containing 20 mL of water, the water level rose to 32.8 mL. Calculate the density and specific gravity of the object.

Specific gravity [ 2 Answers ]

A proton has mas 1.67x10 -27 kg and diameter 8.2 x 10 -16 m. Find specific gravity.

View more questions Search