Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pregunta Posts: 169, Reputation: 3

Mar 6, 2009, 03:50 PM
    How to Rotate movie Clips in Windows Media?
    Movie clips I´ve shot in a vertical format with my still camera are horizontal both in "my images" and when I open them with windows media. How can I rotate them ninety degrees and save in Windows Media or anywhere else for that matter?
    Nubzor16 Posts: 62, Reputation: 2

Mar 7, 2009, 02:52 AM

What format are the Images in?
    If in jpg,gif,bmp... etc use windows image and fax viewer and use rotate icon and click save.
    Pregunta Posts: 169, Reputation: 3

Mar 7, 2009, 09:42 AM

Thank you. However I can´t find "windows image and fax viewer" on the list of programs on this computer. Could it have another name?
    Nubzor16 Posts: 62, Reputation: 2

Mar 7, 2009, 05:39 PM

You should be able to dbl click image file and by default it should open in windows image and fax viewer

If not

Right click on a jpeg/jpg file and in the menu should be the Open in Windows..
    RTdammer Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2009, 11:13 AM

You should be able to right click on the file before opening in windows explorer and rotate as needed.
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2009, 04:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pregunta View Post
    Movie clips I´ve shot in a vertical format with my still camera are horizontal both in "my images" and when I open them with windows media. How can I rotate them ninety degrees and save in Windows Media or anywhere else for that matter?
    All of the answers above seem to be pointed toward single-frame pictures. "Image and Fax Viewer" is not intended to open AVI files, MPG files or other types of "movie clips".

The only way I know of to rotate AVI files is to write a program to separate the file into single frames -- split out the single frames into separate files; rotate the frames one at a time (programmatically -- there's no way you're going to do it manually) and reassemble them into an AVI file.

It's probably possible to do this with other types of movie files, but I have no experience with them.

In other words, it's probably not going to be easy. You might be able to find a program on the Internet, that is designed to do it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When I tried to play a tmp files with window media player, it says"Windows Media Play [ 3 Answers ]

When I tried to play a tmp files with window media player, it says"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file." What can I do to play this file?

Media Center on Windows XP [ 9 Answers ]

I have Media Center on my computer, hooked up through our DISH satelllite so I can watch TV while I am on the computer. I think I need to update something because about every 45 to 60 seconds, the whole computer including Media Center freezes up for about 5 seconds. I have tried to figure out...

Windows Media Player [ 6 Answers ]

Currently have Media Player 6.4 What is the safest one to upgrade to for a PC with Win98 second edition on it? Also what is best site (without adware, spyware, etc included with your download) to obtain the update from?

View more questions Search