Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jerry wilson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2009, 09:20 AM
    Adjusting tension in a door hinge.
    How do you adjust the tension in the door hinges on the door going from the house into the garage?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 9, 2009, 06:59 PM

Are we talking about a standard swing, hinged door here?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE Electric Slide In Oven Door Hinge repair or replace [ 1 Answers ]

My oven door hinge is not functioning properly. When I open it the hinge does not open all the way and pulls on the door. Do I need to replace he hinge. You can see the metal pull on the door panel. The oven is 14 years old. Is is worth replacing the hinge or should we think about replacing...

Reset door hinge tension? [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently moved into my home and discovered the door going into the garage has self closing hinges. I need to know the procedure of how to reset the tension allowing the hinges to close the door?

Door hinge rotten wood area [ 2 Answers ]

My door hinge that attached to the jamb will take a screw, because the wood has Rotted in the jamb. I know I could relocate the hinge to another part of the door. I would have to mortise. Another option is to fill in the decaying wood with wood Dough so the screw would have a better...

Removing a self closing door hinge [ 2 Answers ]

I want to temporarily remove a self-closing door hinge (to install a dog door). Is there an easy way to do this without removing one half of the hinge from the door or jam (like removing the pins on standard hinges)? There are a couple of allen screws in the unit (one on top, one on the bottom of...

Hinge Screw! [ 2 Answers ]

Nancy's husband was fixing a door and he found that he needed a new hinge, so he sent her to the hardware store. At the hardware store, Nancy saw a beautiful teapot on a top shelf while she was waiting for Smith, the manager, to finish waiting on a customer. When Smith was finished, Nancy...

View more questions Search