Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poorboyNBK Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2009, 08:20 AM
    Water comes out of shower head and faucet
    When I turn my tub on the water comes out normal the problem is when I turn the shower handle it comes out the shower head but still comes out the faucet as if I never turned it on. I have already changed out the seats and washers and did not fix anything I'm stumped.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 9, 2009, 08:22 AM

What kind / brand / type of faucet is it? Can you post a photo of it ?

Mar 9, 2009, 08:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo Dolezal View Post
    What kind / brand / type of faucet is it? Can you post a photo of it ?
    I don't know what brand I can post a pic when I get home I just know it has three knobs that you turn hot and cold water and the shower in the middle
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 9, 2009, 08:27 AM

Ok, the middle stem is Diverter that needs to be rebuilt. Take out the stem, replace washers, check seat for nicks and reinstall.

Mar 9, 2009, 08:30 AM
    OK will try that today when I get home
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 9, 2009, 08:57 AM
    I just know it has three knobs that u turn hot and cold water and the shower in the middle
    This would be a three knob mixing valve,
    (see image) Remove the center knob and stem and washer assembly. Replace the washer. Now check the seat for nicks or rough spots. If you find any replace the seat as well. Good luck and thank you for rating my reply. Tom. Sorry Milo, I see I repeated your advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moen: water always coming from shower head when faucet is on. [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I just installed a moen l82839 shower/tub assembly. The problem I am having is that when I turn on the water, just to the tub, water comes from the shower head. The knob that turns on the shower head on the faucet is down, noting is leaking otherwise. I don't know what's wrong. Its like there...

Water coming out of the tub faucet & the shower head at the same time? [ 5 Answers ]

I just installed a one handle Kohler faucet for the bath tub, when water is turned on and the shower converter button is in the down position the water comes out of the tub faucet and the shower head at the same time. When the shower converter button is pulled up water will only come out of the...

Low water pressure at shower head and tub faucet [ 1 Answers ]

I had good water pressure but it has become less and less,so I removed the valves in the cold and hot handles figuring there was debris to be flushed out. When I turned water on with valves out the stream hit the back of the tub (about 5 feet). I flushed them out for a few minutes (rusty water,...

How to increase water pressure low at master shower is it the shoer head or faucet [ 4 Answers ]

What is causing low water pressure at master shower faucet or shower head what can be done to correct

Tub Faucet runs at same time as Shower head [ 1 Answers ]

I am having a similar problem as this thread "Faucet and shower run simultaneously" https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/plumbing/faucet-shower-run-simultaneously-33198.html Except that I have a shower with 3 knobs. You turn the middle knob to turn the shower head on. This shower is at least ten...

View more questions Search