Ask
    jillwill0406 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2009, 07:16 AM
    Water won't shut off in bathtub
    Water won't shut off in tub... continues to have a slow flow
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 7, 2009, 07:30 AM
    What type of mixing valve do you have? One handled or two or three knobs? What's the brand name? How old? Is it hot or cold that leaks out? Let's have more details. Tom
    jillwill0406 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2009, 07:38 AM
    2 handles, hot and cold. The hot is the one I'm having a problem with. Don't know the age, I'm guessing it's pretty old.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 8, 2009, 06:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jillwill0406 View Post
    2 handles, hot and cold. The hot is the one I'm having a problem with. Don't know the age, I'm guessing it's pretty old.
    I'm putting up a three handle mixing valve. Ignore the middle diverter knob and you'll have your mixing valve. Shut the water off and remove the hot water stem and washer assembly. Replace the washer. Now run a finger nail around the seat to check for nicks or rough spots. If you find any the seat must be replaced as well. If the hot side went well it's a good idea to replace the cold side washer as well. Good luck and thank you for rating my answer. Tom
    ezra foster Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2009, 04:50 PM
    Ihave a sayco 300 bath and shower mixer, it was leaking water, when I shut off water still drips bath outlet, I change washers on both the hot, cold and mixer valve, the dripping stop, but when I open the shower I getting water both from the shower and the bath tub,
    What have I done wrong,
    ezra foster
    ezra foster Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2009, 04:56 PM

I have a sayco 300 bath and shower mixer, it was leaking water when the water shut off, I change all the washers on all valves, but now I have water running to the bath tub as well as the shower,what have I done wrong please explain.
    ezra foster
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2009, 07:11 PM

It is hard to find the old Sayco diverter stem, go to Lowe's they carry Sayco faucet stems, open the link below and you will see the kit it takes 2 O rings and one washer if one Oring is missing you will have this problem' Thanks.

John

http://www.plumbingpartsdepot.com/sayco3vlv.pdf

http://www.azpartsmaster.com/Product...ter__2854.aspx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water coming from cold side tap even though hot water supply shut off [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I been having problem for past year now hot water comes from the cold side tap, I only have 1 tap that shares water hot and cold the other 2 I have are 2 separate hot cold and 2 are just cold taps now I have even shut the cold water supply to the hot water tank off, but yet when I run the...

Can one shut off water main valve but leave gas hot water tank on? [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know if I go away for two days and shut my main water shutoff valve can I leave my gas hot water tank on. I saw two answers To a similar question and one answer said you can leave it on and the other Said you had to shut it off. I am confused now as to whether I can leave the gas...

Shut water main to house, what happens to hot water heater [ 7 Answers ]

I've seen similar questions but didn't see the exact answer I was looking for. I want to know what happens if I shut off the water to the house and Go on vacation and leave the hot water heater on and then a leak in A hot water faucet develops. Would the heater tank drain, overheat, and Cause...

Hot water shut off valve and main water line [ 8 Answers ]

I was in my way to replace faucet for basin, but my local hot water shut off valve is not working. So now I have to shut off water supply from main line. Where would that be? I have old house and my water meter is out side. Also how to change shut off valve?

Install Bathtub shut off valve [ 6 Answers ]

Hello! We are trying to install a shut off valve as a temporary fix to a broken faucet, not being paid till the first and needing this taken care of. My toddler was in the bathtub when I went to turn off the hot water and the faucet shot off the wall, along with gallons of water like a geiser, we...

View more questions Search