Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IDLfriend Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2009, 10:34 AM
    How do I get my foster care record, I don't Know were I was born, and parent died
    I need know how I can get my Foster care Record, My parent died when I was 4. I live with my grandmother for about a year then she past away. I was placed in foster care with my aunt, she was very mean and was only in it for the money. At seventeen I finally left but the only information I had was a copy of my social and my school IDs. On may occasion I have ask my aunt for my birth certificate & social Security card she said she lost it. I don't know may Parents name or where I was born. I can't work & I can get married Because SS# card is only a copy and it Says (Valid for work only with INS Authorization) the only family I had; My aunt and her family moved to another state. I am 28 now and I need help.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2009, 07:12 PM
    You can go and call the state that you were fostered in. They will have the info you need. You can call Social Services, they will help you further;) Good luck!
    whoskidsrthey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2009, 01:15 AM
    Can you get info from someone to were your guardianship or adoption took place you can request closed records
    NAPALMFACE Posts: 7, Reputation: -1

Mar 7, 2009, 01:59 AM
    You most likely will not get help from Social Services with that information. And the reason is they may feel you have an agenda to file suit against the agency for things you might have went through in foster care. However, the Social Services agency has a Open Public Records Department that you will have to direct your request to. They, by Law have to provide you with ALL of your information from the first day you entered into the care providers home. Those records WILL help you to find out who your natural parents are, the court where the T.P.R (Termination of Parental Rights) of your parents took place, ALL the attorneys that were involved with the case - everything you will need is in there.

Truthfully I'm very shocked that the foster parents did not provide you with this information, but I'm really not surprised either. Make your request - track down your relatives - make up for lost time as best you can! Things will get better for you once your questions start get answered. ;)
    lilmama20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2009, 04:59 PM
    :ohow do I find my brother he was in foster care at birth?
    sybil_d Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2012, 09:59 PM
    In order to work in the U.S. you have to provide proof of citizenship: birth certificate and social security card, or passport. You can request a replacement social security card at your local Social Services Agency office (you need to do this in person with legal ID). As for your birth record, you can go to the county office where you were born and usually for around $10 obtain a duplicate copy. If your foster parents never legally adopted you then your biological parents names should still be on it. Worst case - let's pretend their names are not on it - you can contact your State's Records Dept. where they have a master index of every ORIGINAL birth record which would list the name of the person who gave birth to you and the man she listed as your biological father (adopted kids have two legal birth certificates). As for your foster records, which would really be nothing more than your 6 month check ups, that's a pretty tall order; during a recession in an agency supported by tax dollars we cut every year and an employee who is overworked and underpaid is not going to be able to go search in a warehouse for a file they [believe it or not] legally don't have to provide you with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foster care [ 7 Answers ]

I am a 16 year old female. I live in gettysburg Pennsylvania and I have a son. I am currently in foster care with adams county children and youth. Every situation that I try to fix is resulted in being threatened to be separated from my son. I was wondering if I got married if I would be considered...

When children are taken into foster care [ 20 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me why children would be taken away under the following circumstances?. The mother is said to have a 'drinking' problem and is known by the social services and the police. Apparently the baby about 8 months old, was found by the baby sitter to have a burn on her cheek that...

I am trying to become a licensed Foster Parent in Texas [ 1 Answers ]

After undergoing a fingerprint analysis, to be approved as a licensed Foster Parent in the state of Texas, it came back Criminal Intent in the state of Pennsylvania. Upon trying to obtain a copy of my record to explain that it was nothing to do with bodily harm however all records were destroyed...

Sibling in foster care [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible for an older sibling to obtain a younger sibling who has been placed in foster care

View more questions Search