Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michellemichellemichelle Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2009, 04:04 AM
    What are my weaknesses, how do I answer that
    I recently went for a job interview as a hospital clerk. One of the question they asked me was what are my strengths and weaknesses. I could think of things to say for my strengths but really struggled to think of a good answer for my weaknesses, I ended up saying I don't work well under pressure which was probably the worst thing I could say, hence I didn't get the job. I have another interview coming up and was wondering if anyone out there has had this kind of question before and what sort of answers did they give. I don't want to fluff it again this time.
    lavanyaa Posts: 190, Reputation: 4

Mar 5, 2009, 06:48 AM
    When you're asked what your greatest weakness is, try to turn a negative into a positive. For example, a sense of urgency to get projects completed or wanting to triple-check every item in a spreadsheet can be turned into a strength i.e. you are a candidate who will make sure that the project is done on time and your work will be close to perfect.
    Note that the term "weakness" isn't used in the sample answers - you always want to focus on the positive when interviewing.
    Sample Answers
    • When I'm working on a project, I don't want just to meet deadlines. Rather, I
    • prefer to complete the project well ahead of schedule.
    • Being organized wasn't my strongest point, but I implemented a time management system that really helped my organization skills.
    • I like to make sure that my work is perfect, so I tend to perhaps spend a little too much time checking it. However, I've come to a good balance by setting up a system to ensure everything is done correctly the first time.
    • I used to wait until the last minute to set appointments for the coming week, but I realized that scheduling in advance makes much more sense.
    NEERAJ ngarg197 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2009, 08:24 AM
    Well, the answer that you could have given in this case was

Everybody has some or the other weaknesses, i being a self starter and self motivator ,whenever i encounter any weakness that becomes an obstacle in my career path , i look for possible ways of overcoming them .

I being highly optimistic in life never allows the situation to rule me , rather i look for some ways to rule the weakness.
    Thanks
    Neeraj.
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Mar 28, 2009, 10:24 AM
    I always say that I work too hard! Just a little office humor, seriously I just say that I'm not perfect but I do the best that I can. It's better not to be too specific, then they don't have something to use against you.
    Thandwa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2009, 07:39 AM
    I tend to be a bit overconfident at times which I believe causes me to be complacent, but I had been trying to get to listen most times to hear even things that I already know. This has helped me a lot to follow up and learn from any conversation

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Strengths & Weaknesses [ 5 Answers ]

How to answer " What are ur strength & weaknesses?"

Indicate the weaknesses in internal accounting control in the handling of collections [ 2 Answers ]

Identify the internal control principles and their application to cash disbursements of Marais Company. P7-2B The board of trustees of a local church is concerned about the internal accounting Controls pertaining to the offering collections made at weekly services. They ask you to Serve on a...

Are men afraid of showing their weaknesses [ 12 Answers ]

Are men afraid of showing their weaknesses partly out of fear of women exploiting them?

What are some of your weaknesses? [ 1 Answers ]

One of the most common questions I've been asked in an interview was "what are your strengths" and "what are your weaknesses"... I know what my strengths are, but here's my problem... what is a "good" weakness to mention that wouldn't prevent me from getting the job? Personally, I have NO...

If the correct answer is May cgs, $15,500 how is the answer correct need to see work [ 1 Answers ]

P23-A The budget committee of Vinning office supply Co. Has assembled the following data. As the business manager, you must prepare the budgeted income statements for May and Jun 2006. A. Sales in April were $42,100.. You forecast that monthly sales will increase 2.0% in May and 2.4% in June.

View more questions Search