Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 4, 2009, 08:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    That's why I don't go to doctors or hospitals.
    This is your choice, but if you were stricken with a curable illness, would you die even though you know that it could be cured?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 4, 2009, 09:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    For every 100 jobs here in Ohio on the net that I can access, 85 of them are for medical this or medical that.
    And President Obama's been in office how long?
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 10:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Skell, every time I have to deliver a fetal demise I cry, for days, as if it were my own. I can't imagine Nobama telling me that I have no choice but to participate in a late term abortion.
    I have no doubt of that J9. Im sure it is horrible and upsetting experience. Just as it would be for 99% of nurses out there whether they have willingly participated in an abortion or not. But Twinkie seems to think that some nurses actually enjoy it and therefore aren't 'good'.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Mar 5, 2009, 06:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell View Post
    Poor comparisons. If a Dr or nurse did any of the above they would be breaking the law. Not immoral.
    But what are laws based on but morals.

Now the question is whose morals are you going by.

If at the local Catholic hospital, Catholic doctors and nurses know abortion is killing the unborn, do you advocate a government that telling them what their behavior will be despite their morals?

When did the government get into IMPOSING one set of morals over another?

[ and you can't compare gay marriage to the killing of the unborn ]

G&P
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2009, 07:17 PM

Im not saying anyone should be forced to anything. Of course they should have a choice. But if that choice means they are no longer employable in their current position then so be it.

Your comparison to instances of doctors / nurses deliberately breaking the law still makes no sense to me.

And the Catholic Church is probably at the lower end of the scale when it comes to morals. They're outraged that a nine year old girl who was raped had an abortion even though it is perfectly legal.

Church hits out after nine-year-old's abortion | smh.com.au

Mar 5, 2009, 10:32 PM

The rape is a crime, everyone agrees. The un born child, what was its crime?

G&P

Mar 5, 2009, 10:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell View Post
    Im not saying anyone should be forced to anything. Of course they should have a choice. But if that choice means they are no longer employable in their current position then so be it.

Your comparison to instances of drs / nurses deliberately breaking the law still makes no sense to me.

And the Catholic Church is probably at the lower end of the scale when it comes to morals. They're outraged that a a nine year old girl who was raped had an abortion even though it is perfectly legal.

Church hits out after nine-year-old's abortion | smh.com.au
    YOu never answered the question though. Just used a diversion.

Do you think the government, by its power to make laws, should impose its morality on its citizens? What if you were a slave in the early 1800s?

G&P
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2009, 01:02 PM

Elections have consequences, as the beat goes on: "A proposed bill promising major changes in the U.S. abortion landscape has Roman Catholic bishops threatening to close Catholic hospitals if the Democratic Congress and White House make it law. Blog: Will Obama's nominee for HHS be able to present herself for Holy Communion?

"The Freedom of Choice Act failed to get out of subcommittee in 2004, but its sponsor is poised to refile it now that former Senate co-sponsor Barack Obama occupies the Oval Office.

"A spokesman for Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., said the legislation "is among the congressman's priorities. We expect to reintroduce it sooner rather than later."

"FOCA, as the bill is known, would make federal law out of the abortion protections established in 1973 by the U.S. Supreme Court's Roe vs. Wade ruling."
    03/06/2009 - Could St. Louis lose its Catholic hospitals under new federal abortion legislation? - STLtoday.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abortion? [ 54 Answers ]

I haven't told anyone about this... if I had a baby now id would be so unhappy. I don't have the money or the time kto put into it... same with my boyfriend... we are not married yet, we are taking things one step at a time, if we had a baby it would screw up our plans. You know? Well if I turn...

Abortion [ 33 Answers ]

I know my views... what are yours?

Sex before abortion [ 2 Answers ]

Hi guys, I'm new :) pleased to meet you all.:D Ok, I know some people may not agree with abortion, but I'm here for help not criticism:rolleyes: 2 weeks ago I had an abortion (which I regret) :( The night before (as I was already pregnant) my husband and I had unprotected sex... would...

After Abortion [ 12 Answers ]

I have had three abortions. After my third one I never really got my period but I do bleed once a month as if I have my periond. Can you tell me what's going on?

Abortion [ 1 Answers ]

Abortion I have a an abortion on the 29th of sept. I was fine after the abortion I had little to no bleeding.. on the days following the surgery . Now 9 week after the procedure I still have not had my period. I am having cramps which I thought where periods but still no periods. I am not...

View more questions Search