Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    monicaO Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2009, 10:10 PM
    Can my boyfriend kick me out if his house
    My boyfriend tells me he can kick me out if he wants to. I want to know if he can?we have been living together for a year with are two year old. We live in an apartment right now but he is buying a house and it will be in his name. He claimed me and are son on his taxes someone told me that means we are common lay married. So I want to know if he dose try to kick me out what are my legal options?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2009, 10:25 PM

Welcome to AMHD. If you are not married, the courts will not be of much assistance for you. I have attached a commercial site for common law marriage that may give you more details; you didn't indicate what state. Common Law Marriage FAQ
    dlzarazua Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2010, 07:57 PM
    I live in my bofriends home. We have lived together for a year. How much warning does he need to give me before I have to move? We livein Arizona.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crazy Boyfriend trying to kick my out... What are my rights? [ 11 Answers ]

OK... I have been living in a townhouse for 3 1/2 with my boyfriend. He had the place before I moved in, so only his name is on the lease. I have asked a couple times to be placed on the lease, but then thought better of it because I don't want my name attached to his in legal/financial matters. I...

Can My Husband Kick Me Out of Our House? [ 16 Answers ]

I am 42, live in Maryland, have been married for 15 years and am seeking a divorce. My name is not on any property (house, car, etc) except for a joint checking account (which he is taking money out of as soon as it goes in). My husband is threatening to "kick me out" if I file for divorce. I...

Does my dad have the right to kick me out of the house? [ 3 Answers ]

I am sixteen years old. I misbehaved a lot, and I got kicked out of the house. My dad sent me to go live with my mom. I think they both have custody? I'm not sure. My dad has the legal custody thing but its made so that my mom can also visit me and stuff. But my dads the rightful "owner" of me? I...

How do kick my wife out of the house? [ 2 Answers ]

My wife wants to leave the marriage but she will not leave the house. I am not the one who wanted the separation, she is. However, for spite, she will not leave the house. How can I get her out? She has been physically and verbally abusive over the past 3 yrs. She suffers from MS and while...

Kick Boyfriend Out of House [ 4 Answers ]

I have been living with a guy for almost 4 years. I am breaking it off with him and told him to leave but he won't. What rights do I have? The house I live in is an inheritance from my parents and in my name only. My boyfriend has worked maybe 6 months out of the whole 4 years we have been...

View more questions Search