Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chloegirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2009, 03:35 PM
    Repair or Replace my Sony 42" Plasma TV?
    My 42" Sony Plasma TV recently lost picture and I'm told it needs a new power supply and video supply to the tune of $475 - $550. I love the picture on the TV and have never been crazy about the way LCD pictures drop out or fade when viewing from various angles.

Should I spend the money to repair my plasma or consider purchasing a new TV?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2009, 03:41 PM

The usual criterion for determining, based on cost, whether a repair is "worth it" is to decide whether the cost is more than half of the replacement cost. If the cost is less than half the replacement cost, it's usually worth it. Otherwise, it isn't.

Of course, there can be other considerations like, "I want a new TV, and I can afford it." That usually outweighs the cost.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SONY DAV-S500 Compact AV DVD System "Standby" [ 2 Answers ]

We own a SONY DAV-S500 Compact AV DVD System. Anyone familiar with this will understand that when you hit the power button, the system automatically goes into standby mode. Hitting eject and placing your DVD in the machine, and closing the tray, the system powers on in full power mode. Same as...

Samsung plasma connection to sony laptop [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to connect my computer Sony Viao vgn-sz780 to my Samsung TV pn42a450p1d via a VGA cable. It worked one time before but when I repeat the steps to do it again it doesn't work. I can get my TV to have a PC source but it keeps saying "check signal cable" or "no signal." I have installed...

Repair or replace Sony flat screen? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old Sony KDL 40 XBR3 which will not display the HD signal from my COMCAST box. Also, it will frequently not display anything when I switch from the HD channels to the SD channels. If I turn the TV off then on again, the picture will return and I can switch back to the HD channels...

View more questions Search