Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    neehsuan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2009, 10:04 AM
    I have oily and pimply face- I want beautiful skin
    Hi.. I am nineteen years old. I have very oily skin and pimples on my face. I have tried every kind of anti acne cream.. Nothing worked. What should I do to get glowing and beautiful clear skin. And please tell me what I should include in my diet and what I should avoid eating.. thank you.
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Mar 3, 2009, 10:38 AM
    Hi, I had the same problem in my teens too. Diet is not usually a factor with acne. You should consult a dermatologist for persistent cases of acne if over the counter products are not working well. Skin usually starts to improve when you are near 20. On the plus side, people with oily skin get fewer wrinkles and look younger than people with dry skin, so you have something to look forward too. I look at least 10 years younger than my real age.
    BabyDoll22 Posts: 85, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2009, 07:06 AM

Hey neehsuan you should definitely drink more water it helps keep the skin clear and seeing a dermatologist is always a great idea because they can prescribe something for you:)
    Lajd1996 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2009, 01:52 PM

I am constantly drinking water but I still have acne and I am a teen that has really bad acne problems and I don't use makeup. I have seen a lot of things work for me. Duac, Vanoxide and Differin 3%.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2009, 02:06 PM

1- are you eating right? If you don't then hello have you heard the saying "you are what you eat"

2- are you sleeping well enough? Not the I go to bed at 1 am and wake up at 12 routine.

3- are you taking off your makeup before bedtime? Have you using old makeup and how are you applying the makeup, with an old sponge, or unwashed hands?

Vitamin A helps with your skin. Water helps with your skin. Fruits and vegetables help with your skin.

Berries are good for your skin: they have a high content of antioxidants in which also helps the aging process.

Foods that contain good fatty acids like: Walnuts, salmon, flax seed etc.

Whole wheat: not only are they good for fiber BUT they also help your skin cells.

Green Tea: there are countless benefits to green tea!

Water, water and more water. Water is so good for you, it keeps your skin hydrated.

Here is a website with even more tips:
    18 foods that make your skin glow

I follow these guidelines religiously, and let me tell you my skin was horrible- now I am reaping the benefits of eating better.

P.S You don't need to be wasting your money on pimple erasers- eat healthy, drink water. I use St. Ives Apricot Scrub and my face is great ;)

Sarah
    acute Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2009, 04:27 AM
    You should cleanse, tone and moisturise your face morning and night. Use an acne cream on the affected spots at these times. Avoid make up except for special occasions.

As for diet, think natural. Reduce sugar and fat intake and make sure you're getting plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables. Drink water.

Evening primrose oil is excellent for skin. You take it as a capsule every day. It also reduces the effects of PMT.

Exercise for 30 to 60 minutes every day. To the point where you actually work up a sweat.

Chances are, at your age the acne is hormonal. The diet and exercise will help level out your hormones.
    Porcelain Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2009, 01:24 PM

I totally agree with Mudweiser. Your diet is very big factor with skin. Try to eat healthy, take good care of your skin, try not to get stressed out and use products that are right for your skin eg: dry,sensitive,oily etc... Try that new Neutrogena skin ID proudct!

Hope this helps!
    fahadmak Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2009, 07:57 AM

My friend an old tested solution is
    a) clean you face with a fresh lemon slice
    b) use a almond or sandalwood scrub to wash your face with
    c) then use a papaya cream to moisturise

It works. If you need more details as me on EGT UK

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pimples and a oily face what's worse [ 6 Answers ]

Hey I am 16 year old boy here I have a serious problem of pimples It really sucks I presently use benzoyl peroxide at alternate days Wash my face thrice And apply a herbal astringent Nothing has worked I also have a very oliy kind of face help

Breakouts/oily skin/dry skin * [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, Im 13 ( almost 14 ) and I have dry skin around my nose , and really oily skin , and breakouts =/ I wash my face every night, use moistourizer and a lot of make-up . ( I use AVON moisture 24 and Cover Girl advanced raidiance liquid fondation ) What should I do about it. I think that the...

Beautiful face [ 2 Answers ]

Hi readers, I am slim 23 year boy. But according to my body my face looks too heavy. Can any body tell me about the diet & face exercises?

Brownish complextion , pimples and oily face [ 1 Answers ]

I am Mahtab from Pakistan. I am having brownish complextion with pimples on my face. My face is oily too. I want best solution which remove my pimples and change my complextion to fair/white. Thanks Waiting to hear from You soon.

Oily SKin [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm having trouble w/ oily skin, large pores and adult acne. I cannot control it at all. I'll try a new product and it will do good for about a week, then my face becomes prone to it and not work at all. I have Epilepsy and am on excessive amounts of medication and magnesium. I'm being...

View more questions Search