Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cherryblueskies Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2008, 10:26 PM
    Black Women Only! What skin lightener was most effective for you?
    From what I've researched makari products have shown the most effectiveness on lightening brown to dark skin, with some cases of breakouts. I'll be ordering my soon and shall post before and after pics.:)
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jan 17, 2008, 10:31 PM
    Why don't you love your skin tone the way it is?
    cherryblueskies Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2008, 10:47 PM
    My complexion appears uneven, lighter on my neck, dark spots on my cheeks which I can cover up with make- up, but I don't want to spend money on foundation forever. I would like to achieve a shade or two lighter, go from dark brown to medium/light brown not caramel. Nothing drastic. I would look like a clown if I was too light, however I have researched feedback for those with my complexion have had no successful results. WHAT IS A GOOD PRODUCT FOR WOMAN OF COLOR THAT HAS BEEN PROVEN EFFECTIVE FROM PERSONAL USE??
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Jan 18, 2008, 03:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryblueskies
    My complexion appears uneven, lighter on my neck, dark spots on my cheeks which I can cover up with make- up, but I don't want to spend money on foundation forever. I would like to achieve a shade or two lighter, go from dark brown to medium/light brown not caramel. Nothing drastic. I would look like a clown if I was too light, however I have researched feedback for those with my complexion have had no successful results. WHAT IS A GOOD PRODUCT FOR WOMAN OF COLOR THAT HAS BEEN PROVEN EFFECTIVE FROM PERSONAL USE?????????
    I'm asian and also have uneven skin tone which I'd like to even out. I've used Diana Stalder and now using Bio Claire. I'll look forward to hearing your results.
    no1brownsugar Posts: 60, Reputation: 4

Jan 19, 2008, 11:01 AM
    Be sure to post your results - I'd like to see if it works for you so that I can have a go :)
    mariansc Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2008, 01:02 PM
    To keep your skin from getting darker, SUNSCREEN. Any product you use to lighten your skin, you must apply sunscreen as well. If you don't all the lightening creams, pills, etc. are in vain, you'll just have to start all over again. Plus, it will delay the onset of wrinkles. The sun breaks collagen down in your skin, every time you go out in it. Sunscreen above any cosmetic ingredient should be #1.
    brightBrazilian Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2008, 06:02 AM
    Makari is terrible, it causes terrible breakouts I used the night cream and it caused me terrible spots, I'm lightskined already but just wanted to lighten my complexion a bit and makari left me with spots which eventually turned to little black blemishes which have not totally faded yet, I really would not recommend this product to anyone
    Kia Posts: 272, Reputation: 13

Jan 31, 2008, 12:58 PM
    So what did u use? Did it work?
    all_honesty Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

Mar 1, 2009, 12:32 PM
    RECALL INFORMATION
    Feb 13---Bio Claire recalls Natural Bio-vegetal Activator BODY LOTION---Ireland

Manufacturer: See Below

Product: Home

Start Date: 2009-02-13 End Date: 2009-03-13

Product: Lightening body lotion without hydroquinone – Natural Bio-vegetal Activator

Brand: Bio Claire

Type/number of model: P:05/08 E:05/11 082657 “S3”

Description: White 8” (200ml) high container with white screw-top lid.

Country of origin: Ivory Coast

Chemical

The product poses a chemical risk because it contains 0.06% of hydroquinone.

The product does not comply with the Cosmetics Directive 76/768/EEC.

Voluntary withdrawal from the market and recall from consumers.
    ma889 Posts: 19, Reputation: -1

Mar 1, 2009, 06:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma View Post
    Why don't you love your skin tone the way it is?
    Ill think ull find it says black women only!! And also improving your skin shows you love yourself enough to want to improve and become the best that u can be seeing as you live only once!
    Luscious Leo Posts: 65, Reputation: 12

Mar 1, 2009, 06:58 PM

My favorite product for treating dark spots left over from acne is Jiaoli. Dr. Palmers helps but it's takes about a month. I have very very light skin to begin with. The contrast from the dark spot on my skin used to look horrible. I researched Jiaoli for about a solid month before purchasing. I purchased it from a lady in the Philippines and it arrived in exactly 7 days. There is a day and a night cream that you apply topically. In about two days my skin began to peel and by the end of the week my skin was spotless. Since then I've began ordering it to keep in my bathroom cabinet every time I have another little break out. Works wonders. I could rave on and on about it, but taking advice from other people can either make you or break you. I initially heard about it on another women's beauty forum and a internet friend of mine told me how great it was. She began telling other people how great it was and they thought she was a seller. I too have been lied to and deceived on forums, so for me, beauty is a trial and error thing. Like tomorrow I am getting my eyebrows cosmetically pigmented, although I hear everyone telling me that I should not.
    kpangor Posts: 357, Reputation: 2

Mar 1, 2009, 07:40 PM

Guys makari rarely workssss
    One of my friend from the middle east used it for 2 months with no results and she spent hundreds of $$$ for it
    But u can try it it might work for you
    Good luck
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2009, 08:21 PM

I agree with k expensive and does not work and carries all the same risk as hq
    BabyDoll22 Posts: 85, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2009, 12:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Luscious Leo View Post
    My favorite product for treating dark spots left over from acne is Jiaoli. Dr. Palmers helps but it's takes about a month. I have very very light skin to begin with. The contrast from the dark spot on my skin used to look horrible. I researched Jiaoli for about a solid month before purchasing. I purchased it from a lady in the Phillipines and it arrived in exactly 7 days. There is a day and a night cream that you apply topically. In about two days my skin began to peel and by the end of the week my skin was spotless. Since then I've began ordering it to keep in my bathroom cabinet everytime I have another little break out. Works wonders. I could rave on and on about it, but taking advice from other people can either make you or break you. I initally heard about it on another women's beauty forum and a internet friend of mine told me how great it was. She began telling other people how great it was and they thought she was a seller. I too have been lied to and deceived on forums, so for me, beauty is a trial and error thing. Like tomorow I am getting my eyebrows cosmetically pigmented, although I hear everyone telling me that I should not.
    Hi luscious leo what is the name of the website you got this product from

Mar 2, 2009, 01:23 PM

Google jiaoli and a freeweb site will come up.
    www.freewebs.com/jiaoli
    I order from that site. I ordered the day/night kit for $35.00. If you have any questions about how to work around the website, just ask. I've ordered from her over 20 times in the past year.

Mar 3, 2009, 09:41 AM

OK thanks so much I'll keep you posted

Mar 3, 2009, 09:48 AM
    Hey luscious leo have you used the mings pearl capsules

Mar 3, 2009, 01:50 PM

No I haven't. I have used several chinese medicines with Pearl powder but I found out that none of them work for me. There are only a few products that are effective on my oil skin. I respond really well to fruit enzymes, alpha hydroxy creams, bearberry, moderate dosages of hydroquinone, and mono mixed with hydro.
    Jiaoli contains a lot of fruit enzymes and kojic acid, so I see why that works well for my skin.
    I have very oily skin and certain products don't reach our pores because of the excess oil.
    wannabbeautiful Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Mar 5, 2009, 06:44 PM

Hey Cherryblueskies,
    I also have darkbrown and uneven skin. I ordered Beauoxi white last Thursday and will get them next week. I will tell you the result when I have used them. Ok?

Mar 6, 2009, 08:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Luscious Leo View Post
    No I haven't. I have used several chinese medicines with Pearl powder but I found out that none of them work for me. There are only a few products that are effective on my oil skin. I respond really well to fruit enzymes, alpha hydroxy creams, bearberry, moderate dosages of hydroquinone, and mono mixed with hydro.
    Jiaoli contains a lot of fruit enzymes and kojic acid, so I see why that works well for my skin.
    I have very oily skin and certain products don't reach our pores because of the excess oil.
    Oh OK thanks girly:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

A3 lemon skin lightener? [ 3 Answers ]

Has anybody used A3 lemon skin lightener(A3 is the company)?. if you have how long did u see results with it?.

Will skin lightener reverse [ 2 Answers ]

I am an African american woman I have used skin lightener years ago, I just last year I noticed that my skin looks pretty light. It was not like that in 2005 during my pregnancy, I have also lived on an island, will my color return back to its orignal skin color

View more questions Search