Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Romaniukesan Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2009, 04:03 AM
    Internet explorer status bar shows "waiting for." message, page doesn't load
    This has been happening for some time, it seems to fix itself but it pops up just when I need to find something on the web, for example.
    Basically, I start my Internet Explorer, it shows in the address bar my homepage, and my status bar immediately show up the "waiting for" message.sometimes, it will show the "looking for..." message but end up the same way.3-4 of those little green bars show up next to it, than it just tells me that it could't load(I uploaded picture).
    It seems to happen randomly, on every site, even while I'm browsing(ex:it started fine, I went on the web, opened a page(the page loaded, everything went ok), then I try to open a link from the page for example, it looks like it tries to load the page, but it shows up the"waiting for...", or sometimes "looking for..." message, and ends up the same way.
    My modem has 4 LED's, and they're all green(Power,Ethernet,DLS,Internet).I don't have a router,I tried other browsers(mozilla),same thing happened.
    I managed to catch it working today so I thought I rapidly post this up here.
    Attached Images

adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2009, 04:50 AM

The same thing happens to me quite often. Mostly in the worst of times. It just may be something wrong with the internet or the sites you are on. I wouldn't go blaming you computer or connection just yet.

Feb 28, 2009, 06:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_89 View Post
    The same thing happens to me quite often. Mostly in the worst of times. It just may be something wrong with the internet or the sites you are on. I wouldn't go blaming you computer or connection just yet.
    Maybe you're right, but Google doesn't seem wrong to me.Neither does Youtube.
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2009, 06:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaniukesan View Post
    Maybe you're right, but Google doesn't seem wrong to me.Neither does Youtube.
    Are you saying that they both work fine to you? Or they don't?

Feb 28, 2009, 07:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_89 View Post
    Are you saying that they both work fine to you? Or they don't?
    I'm saying that they don't look to me like sites that have problems.still, they don't work
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2009, 10:10 AM

Try resetting IE defaults
    Tools, interenet options, adv. Tab and at bottom, click Reset Defaults

Feb 28, 2009, 12:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by seahwk83 View Post
    try resetting IE defaults
    Tools, interenet options, adv. tab and at bottom, click Reset Defaults
    Ill try next time it stops working, ill let you guys know how it went

Mar 1, 2009, 07:58 AM

No, it's not working, reseting doesn't do anything
    I think its my connection because other programs like Messenger and Hamachi don't work either when IE shows the messages in the status bar
    sweetstar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2009, 02:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaniukesan View Post
    This has been happening for soem time, it seems to fix itself but it pops up just when i need to find something on the web, for example.
    Basicly, i start my Internet Explorer, it shows in the adress bar my homepage, and my status bar imediatly show up the "waiting for" message.sometimes, it will show the "looking for..." message but end up the same way.3-4 of those little green bars show up next to it, than it just tells me that it could't load(i uploaded picture).
    It seems to happen randomly, on every site, even while i'm browsing(ex:it started fine, i went on the web, opened a page(the page loaded, everything went ok), then i try to open a link from the page for example, it looks like it tries to load the page, but it shows up the"waiting for...", or sometimes "looking for..." message, and ends up the same way.
    My modem has 4 LED's, and they're all green(Power,Ethernet,DLS,Internet).I don't have a router,I tried other browsers(mozilla),same thing happened.
    I managed to catch it working today so i thought i rapidly post this up here.
    Hi,

I am also having similar issues - I literally have to restart my computer to get the internet to work - I have recently downloaded Mozilla - but when I start loading the internet -homepage is google.com I get the same message. Sometimes I can be using the internet page for 30-40 minutes and then I come across a page that has a lot of data which takes ages to load so I exit the site when I start a new browser it locks up! - I think this could be causing the browser to lock up but don't know what to do!

I have reset my internet defaults!

Please advise!
    allrands Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2012, 09:30 AM
    Having the same problem with IE on one of my xp machines all tied to the same asdl modem via a gigabit switch. The other machines are fine and the measured download speed is usually above 16mb/sec so the modem, isp and network are fine.

On the problem machine, Firefox works like a dream but anything that links via IE (windows update, prograns looking for new versions etc) are very slow.

Even uninstalling ie8 and then reinstalling ie7 has not helped. The problem sometimes disappears, but I cannot link this to any specific action. Once gone, IE is OK for that session but after a shutdown it is usually back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Facebook "Error on Page Message" [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me to fix the problem every time I use Facebook. Every time on the left side there is the message error on page. If I click on it the is the message: Line: 88 Char:69 'this.parent' is null or not an object Code: 0 Login | Facebook I have been trying to fix this sine 5 hours,...

Can't Get Past "Password "Login" Message. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have been given a Compac notebook from a friend who hasn't used it in a few years. The problem I have is that I turn it on but I get the "Password Login" message... and of course the password has been long forgotten... I inserted a windows 2000 disk which it appears but still persists...

""fAIL"" error message [ 2 Answers ]

My dad and mom have a Windows XP administrator account, and then mine is below theres… ? Everytime I log on to my account, an error window that says “fAIL” (typed like that) pops up. Whats goin on?

View more questions Search