Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smiley2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2009, 10:10 PM
    Will recovery remove my files on PC
    I have an HP pavilion that has an HP Recovery (D) drive... If I do the System Recovery will it delete all my data from my PC? I understand it will delete the programs but will it delete my saved information?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2009, 11:21 PM

If it is the recovery information that came with the computer, yes all Data will be gone and computer will be just like you got it when new -

You should save all information that you need or want to keep and then do the system recovery
    Peanuts825 Posts: 27, Reputation: -2

Feb 22, 2009, 01:04 AM

Back up all your files that you want to keep on a disc... Yes, if you do a recovery, you lose everything. Then after you do the recovery, put the CD back in with your files on it, and download them back on your puter

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to convert rar files over to playable DVD files? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to convert rar files over to dvd files. I can't seem to find any software that will allow me to convert. Need help... Thanks...

Convert garmin files to esri .shp files [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a file conversion utility to conver garmin track/ waypoint files to ESRI .shp files or ESRI .shp to Garmin format

Recovery files on :D drive [ 2 Answers ]

My Dell Dimension 521 has a :d drive that is listed as the storage for "recovery" files. However, I keep getting flashed that the drive is full and that I need to eliminate some of the files in there to free up space. When I go to the recycle bin there is nothing there to get rid of. How do I free...

Batch files, add/remove programs check possible? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, :confused: I am wondering if it is possible to have a batch file check the applications that are installed by checking add/remove programs? Or Maybe there is an easier way to accomplish this check with a batch file? Thanks for all of your time.

Nba live 2004 crack files/patch files [ 2 Answers ]

Can anybody help me find the crack and patch files on nba live 2004. I badly need it co'z I don't have a cd rom which is needed to play. You may send it to my email add.>Removed<

View more questions Search