Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhiabia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 05:31 PM
    I have court tomorrow!
    Okay so I have been served and have court tomorrow. I owe Chase about 2,100 and now Harvest Credit is clamming interestand attorney fees etc. coming to 3,100. I agree I owe the 2,100 and am willing to make a payment agreement with the lawyer at court I just receivedmy income tax and have itin my checking account. I am a single mom and only work part time so that refund is going to help me catch up my house bills. Can they take that money? Will I even be able to make a payment arrangement? Any advice is greatly appreciated.:confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 16, 2009, 07:48 PM

If they get a judgement, they can garnish that money, so you should not have it in the bank, in fact you should not be using the bank at this point since they can freeze it anytime after the judgement.

And actually 3100 is not really that bad on a 2100 debt, they will add late fees, interest , attorney fees and court fees. I am really surprised it is not 4000 or more.

Expect them to be award all legal costs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Capitol one taking me to court tomorrow [ 8 Answers ]

Link to original posting, moved here in hopes of better visibility https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/small-claims/am-being-sued-credit-card-co-58374.html#post304265 I am being sued (I guess) by Capitol One. I was served a notice 3 nights ago, to appear on March 1 at 1:30 pm, no court room, just...

Court tomorrow [ 7 Answers ]

OK I was suppose to have court on Monday the 18th and I made arrangements with a lawyer that I would pay her on that Monday because I get paid on saturdays. But last week I received a letter from probation that there was an error on the date and I have to go to court on Friday the 15th. I told my...

I'm in court tomorrow for debt of 1500 [ 3 Answers ]

I'm in debt of £1500 to my mums friend I'm only 18 and very scared this is meant to be my 2nd time in court but I didn't got to the first 1 and they decided that I hate to go to another 1 because I haven't been paying money what the court told me to pay each month and now I am so scared please help...

Going to court tomorrow morning at 9:30 a.m. [ 4 Answers ]

Going to see the judge tomorrow at 9:30 to have a judgment vacated. Since the past 3 weeks, I've sent 2 letters to the attorney's office who received the default judgment asking them to validate the debt. Their only response were 2 letters back asking me to call their office to discuss the matter...

View more questions Search