Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MIRACLEMAN786 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2009, 11:36 PM
    Ghana Passport, Fake or not
    Dear Sir,

Good day to u. Sir, I actually love a girl from your country Ghana. I love her very much and I would like to marry her.

I used to send her money every time she asks. But now she had send her passport copy for the visa money and all. I doubt her passport is original or not.

I have attached the passport copy for your reference. I beg you to provide just this information that whether the passport is fake or not. My decision regarding this, is in your hands.

Please send us reply by return. Your response by return would be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
    MIRACLEMAN
    Attached Images

loopy123 Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Jan 27, 2009, 11:47 PM
    One thing catches my eye. On the suspect passport it is printed,place of birth, australia, this being the case she would had an australian passport initially to leave the country then get a passport for ghana.
    Trust me something smells rotten in them t6here hills
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 27, 2009, 11:52 PM
    Well that picture has clearly been added afterwards.

The African countries are well known for SCAMS of this nature.
    I bet she's asking for several hundred to cover the visa as well?

Have a read of this sticky: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/visas-...ns-171375.html
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jan 28, 2009, 01:28 AM

This passport is 100% fake... photo has been added. Normally when take passport photo, especially for females, ears must be seen.. same in all countries.

Important, if she was born in Australia, she will automatically obtain Australian passport which allows her to travel more than half the world with visa upon arrival. She does not need Ghana passport..

See many others here: Ghana passports, 2007 - Anti-Fraud International

This is another must-read.. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/visas-...ud-288039.html

Jan 28, 2009, 01:43 AM
    Upon closer inspection of the passport it states born in australia and under nationality its ghanaian. This any fool would start the bells ringing

Jan 28, 2009, 01:50 AM
    Back again. If you look at the number on the side of the passport it is a mirror image, but immediately not eye catching. There are also other strange markings on it. Sorry old boy you have been had.
    REUBENXX Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 10:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MIRACLEMAN786 View Post
    Dear Sir,

Good day to u. Sir, i actually love a girl from ur country Ghana. I love her very much and i would like to marry her.

I used to send her money everytime she asks. But now she had send her passport copy for the visa money and all. I doubt her passport is original or not.

I have attached the passport copy for ur reference. I beg u to provide just this information that whether the passport is fake or not. My decision regarding this, is in ur hands.

Please send us reply by return. Your response by return would be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
    MIRACLEMAN
    That is a Fake passport and there are VERY few ladies with that skin complexion in GHANA
    If you want to know how to check a pasport read this

Ghana passports follow this format as do most countries

Each passport has a data page and a signature page. Illustration: data page and signature page -- right.

A data page has a visual zone and a machine-readable zone. The visual zone has a digitized photograph of the passport holder, data about the passport, and data about the passport holder:

Photograph
    Type [of document, which is "P" for "passport"]
    Code [of the issuing country, which is "USA" for "United States of America"]
    Passport No.
    Surname
    Given Name(s)
    Nationality [which is "United States of America"]
    Date of Birth
    Place of Birth
    Sex
    Date of Issue
    Date of Expiration
    Authority
    Endorsements
    At the bottom of a data page is the machine-readable zone, which can be read both visually and by an optical scanner. The machine-readable zone consists of two lines. There are no blank spaces in either line. A space which does not contain a letter or a number is filled with "<".

The first line of a machine-readable zone of a passport contains a letter to denote the type of travel document ("P" for passport), the code for the citizenship of the passport holder (e.g. "USA" for "United States of America"), and the name (surname first, then given name or names) of the passport holder.

The second line of a machine-readable zone of a passport contains the passport number, supplemented by a check digit; the code of the issuing country (e.g. "USA" for "United States of America"); the date of birth of the passport holder, supplemented by a check digit; a notation of the sex of the passport holder ("M" or "F"); the date of expiration of the passport, supplemented by a check digit; and, at the end of the line, two overall check digits.

A signature page has a line for the signature of a passport holder. A passport is not valid until it is signed by the passport holder. If a holder is unable to sign his passport, it is to be signed by a person who has legal authority to sign on the holder's behalf.[39]

[edit] Place of birth
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2009, 03:54 PM

Agreeing here that this is for sure a fake... a real Ghana passport has3 blue stamps (like the one just above the photo) that go down across the whole picture to make it harder to paste in a fake picture... which is what was done here.

This girl will keep talking to you only as long as you keep sending money, she is scamming you... quite successfully so far.

Edit: I just zoomed in 400% on a very good monitor and see a lot more signs this is fake... The photo cuts off the first letter of the words to the right of it, the text of the person's name is much better resolution than than line above that says "Surname" and "Other name", the spaces between the blocks of text look blurry as if someone digitally erased data and then pasted new words into the document... wow... it's actually a very bad fake.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What does a Ghana passport cost [ 3 Answers ]

What does a Ghana passport cost?

Ghana passport [ 4 Answers ]

I want to import a wife from ghana. What will her pasport cost ?

Ghana passport [ 2 Answers ]

How much does it cost for a passport and visa to travel from Ghana to USA?

Ghana Passport [ 8 Answers ]

My girlfriend lives in ghana and wants to move here to Canada to live with me.How can I help her get a passport and visa?how much do they cost?.

Ghana passport [ 1 Answers ]

I have been in contact with a woman in Ghana. She has asked me for assistance in helping her to obtain her passport so she can visit me in the US. Can I do this here in the US? If so, can you tell me how much it should cosst, and how to go about doing it? Thank you.

View more questions Search