Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joh31281 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2008, 10:18 AM
    Error Message F11 on Kenmore Elite He4T
    I have a Kenmore Elite He4T washer that keeps stopping near the end of the wash cycle with an error of F11. It seems to not occur until 2 or 3 loads have been washed. It appears to be related to a final rinse cycle I think. The washer is a couple of years old.

I can usually press the Pause/Cancel button and then press the wash start button to restart the machine (after 4 or 5 tries). Sometimes, I have to unplug the machine and go through this process before it will finish.

When the Kenmore repair guy came out a couple of months ago to do an annual check-up, he couldn't find anything wrong.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Joh
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2008, 09:44 AM
    F11 is a serial communication error. Communication between the main board and the motor control board is not being sent correctly. This could be a bad main board, motor control board or motor itself. The testing can get pretty involved. Try putting the machine in a self test mode and see if the error clears. Press Cancell, then by pressing the drain spin button once on the left side then move to the spin speed button the right. Press this button until no-spin lights. Press the prewash button 4 times. C00 should appear in the display. Let it run it's tests, there will be 8 of them and end up on C08. If this doesn't work, it's best you wait for the service tech.
    Phoebe112 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2009, 01:09 PM
    I got this great help from a guy on this site a few days ago. He suggested taking the top cover off, then pulling the white relays ( there are 2 Omron ones K1 and K4) You have to remove the solder and then pull them off. He said he guaranteed one was burned. Sure enough. He suggested cleaning the off with a pencil eraser or scraping with an Exacto ( is what my husband did as the prongs are so close together) then switching them as one of them carries a lot less voltage, therefore doesn't burn You need a fine tip soldering gun for re-soldering or you may burn the circuit board. He put it all back together and voilą! It works fine now. I have been putting up with this F11 code for 2 years and nobody could seem to figure out what was really wrong. This may get me through a year or two more before I have to replace these relays. If you are handy, you can do it yourself. The repairmen only want to replace the whole CCU board and that is expensive. This also works for the Whirlpool Duet, I understand. Good luck!
    ajohansson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2009, 09:57 PM
    Hi, guys. I followed this quite closely. I tried the vaseline and it worked for a day. I finally had so many errors it would take me a week to do one load of laundry. I was searching on eBay for a used or new board and came in contact with Ed Edwards. He was selling a service to repair your board. I have had my repaired board for 30 days now and it works flawlessly. This is an excerpt from an email he sent me.

"I perform several upgrades and repairs to these boards when I service them. It sounds like you've done some homework on the relays, and I would like you to know that I upgrade the relay to one rated for 60% more capacity instead of just replacing it. I do NOT put vaseline on your board, nor do I add solder to the contacts. These are not repairs, they are simply band-aids. I have repaired many of these after others have attempted to do so, and it's amazing how much misinformation is out there on the web. "

Here is his email and eBay listing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Whirlpool-Duet-Kenmore-HE3T-CCU-Repair-For-F11-FDL-Code_W0QQitemZ230397337074QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item35a4c05df2

[email protected]
    SwiftyC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2010, 07:00 AM
    Comment on ajohansson's post
    We used this service, and all I can say is "WOW"! I was skeptical, but his feedback said it all. We shipped our board to him, he fixed it and had it back to us in a timely manner. Now our washing machine works better than it has in years.
    Geoff2013 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2013, 03:50 PM
    Thank you SO SO much for this hint, and to all those that contributed to this board! I removed the two white relays (K1 & K4), cleaned them with a gentle spray cleaner, sprayed them with compressed air, swapped their positions and re-installed them. So far, so good!! Works like a charm!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Elite Washer Error Code F 26 [ 4 Answers ]

My Kenmore Elite HE 3t washer will not unlock and displays error code f 26. What does error code f 26 mean?

Kenmore Elite Washer Error Codes [ 2 Answers ]

What does error code OL mean on a Kenmore Elite Washer?

Kenmore elite calypso error messages [ 3 Answers ]

I had error message CE today then later the LD... I found it meant it long drain. I unpluged the washer before understanding the message so now it won't drain. How do I reset the brain so that it can drain and work. Every time I go to do any wash cycle it starts and instantly shuts off the water...

View more questions Search