Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toshelt99 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2009, 05:22 PM
    How much do girls draw to physical attraction? Will big muscles give you a big + ?
    Hi, I'm a normal 18 year old boy who does strength trainig 4 times a week. Not anything seriously for now, but I planned to start bodybuilding , not competetive when I turn 19, very seriously.. how much do physical attraction draw girls? Do they like big muslcles? Not any huge roid muslces , but just average big. I'm 80 kg heavy and have a nice body. How much do girls care for the physical bodie then personality? I heard that the moore popular girls go for guys like them, and when I look at my friends at the bodybuilding clubb they all have a girlfriend who is eiether a model, popular or something. How much do physical attrativness go for girls then personality?
    Mustang Drew Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2009, 06:57 PM

Some people may tell you that this is true, I have found it to not always be so. Reason why a lot of women seem to be all over guys with muscles is that the guys themselves are more confident with their body than your regular joe. Someone who doesn't work out as much and doesn't have muscles is insecure more about their bodies. Women can sense the insecurities and that's a major turn off. I've seen guys you wouldn't think would have game, be able to pull in women who are considered "Out of their league" So muscles don't always equal hot women. It's more about the attitude than the body image.
    Yellow_montu Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2009, 07:03 PM

Personality is a big factor. Every woman is different with what they find attractive as is every man. Otherwise we would all fancy the same people :D Personally, Im not a big fan of muscles but that's because Im not keen on veins popping up all over the place when I don't like veins anyway, but some girls go wild for it. You make your own choices, never try to be something or someone for someone else's aprooval and if you want to body build then trust me you aren't going to stay single anymore than what you would if you weren't body building, provided you know how to treat a woman! :D
    cadillac59 Posts: 1,326, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2009, 07:47 PM

I'd bet the girls like it.

But even if it doesn't make a difference (and it may not in many cases) do it because you like it, it makes you feel good and is good for you. That's reason enough.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2009, 09:02 PM

Every female likes different things. Personally I don't mind looking at a guy with big muscles but they're not my type. So cadilac said "do it for you not everyone else". If girls only went for guys with green hair would you dye your hair green?
    zeeniee Posts: 341, Reputation: 63

Feb 13, 2009, 05:10 AM

I think females will like guys that are comfortable with themselves, irrespective of their shape and size, muscles or no muscles. A guy comfortable with himself will be a well together guy, normal, have normal ambitions and goals in life, have a good rounded personality, has his own style that suits him, will have that x factor and have good positive vibes surrounding him-- that = good powerful attraction!
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2009, 06:44 AM

Having big muscles doesn't matter half as much as having a confident personality. This will come from working out, that was one of the best side effects from working out as much as I did after my break up was that it boosted myself confidence.

Don't do it for the girls, do it for yourself
    Bilee Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2009, 06:52 AM

I hate to tell you this, but it really depends on the girl. We're all different it's a matter or taste.
    Some girls like huge muscles some like lean bodies some like skinny guys some even like chubby guys. And there are plenty who can find someone attractive because that person can make them laugh or feel good - regardless of how that guy looks.

Personally, I prefer guys with lean toned bodies. But for me the face is the most important thing in a guy's appearance. And personality and interests are far more important than either of those.

There's no miracle way to satisfy all women's tastes, so work out if it makes you feel good. There's bound to be a few women around who'll find you attractive anyway. :P

Good luck.

-Billie
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2009, 07:06 AM

It's all about confidence. There is a point were too much confidence is bad. A girl once told me that a little bit of confidence goes a long way. She was right!
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2009, 07:09 AM

I can tell you, that when I go out, and I see the dudes with the huge muscles and x-tra small shirts they bought at Abercrombie Kids, they are almost ALWAYS alone... just walking (or lurking) around the bar, trying to make sure people notice how buff they are.
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2009, 07:14 AM

Muscles can't talk and don't make up for shortfalls in personality.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2009, 07:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kctiger View Post
    i see the dudes with the huge muscles and x-tra small shirts they bought at abercrombie kids, they are almost always alone...just walking (or lurking) around the bar, trying to make sure people notice how buff they are.
    Lmao!!
    toshelt99 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2009, 09:34 AM
    For the first thing I would like to respond 2, working out is a hobby, I get a rush when I break my own weight lifting records. I only work out cause it's a hobby and to be healthy, I just wanted to know what girls tought about it.

I also want to respond to the nightclub answer. I'm big, and buff, but I never go alone I a club, I always score with the ladies , cause I'm funny and smile a lot.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2009, 09:37 AM

It wasn't a personal dig toshelt, I'm sure, it was funny though!
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2009, 09:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by toshelt99 View Post
    for the first thing i would like to respond 2, working out is a hobby, i get a rush when i break my own weight lifting records. i only work out cause its a hobby and to be healthy, i just wanted to know what girls tought about it.

i also want to respond to the nightclub answer. im big, and buff, but i never go alone i a club, i always score with the ladies , cause im funny and smile alot.
    You score with the ladies? I am shocked you are even old enough to get into a nightclub...

In case your sense of humor isn't up to par, I was a little tongue and cheek regarding the nightclub thing... now that I see your response though, I can't help but snicker at your attitude.

You know what, I was going to just drop this, but now I can't help myself... it is in my nature. You are full of yourself, and I think you know that, which is why you come on here asking a question like that. I can't stand guys like you, that act like they are God's gift. The only women I see you getting are inflatable. PERIOD. "Im big, and buff..." Man, take that attitude and go to Chucky Cheese...

You specifically came on here in hopes of all the girls going "oohhh,ahhhh, I love buff guys!!" If it is just a hobby to you, then why ask the question? I will expect an answer when you get back from recess.

Carry on... :cool:
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2009, 11:55 AM

I guess he must be talking about the teens clubs because they've a few of those where I live at. The only problems I've with these teens clubs is that they allow the older crowd in and a lot of guys go in there preying on the teens girls.

Now if he's talking about a regular nightclub he must have a fake ID if he's underage, hope that isn't the case.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2009, 12:55 PM

I can second that KC, I always see the buff dudes alone or with their other steroid brothers stalking the bar. I'm not a small guy, 200lbs and fill out my shirt(muscles wise) I can go into my weight lifting records but it's strictly my personal business what I can bench.

Personality is what gets "the ladies" you know, actually being able to approach a female and look her in the eyes and say "hello, I'm Rome. How are you doing?" Simple and formal. I am very outgoing, so going up to girls hasn't been a problem for me.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2009, 01:04 PM

Lifting weights don't fix a busted face. You'll just look like Carrot Top.

Remember that.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2009, 01:10 PM

A nice six pack but not overly muscular.Kind of like Matthew McConaughey.

Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2009, 01:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    A nice six pack but not overly muscular.Kind of like Matthew McConaughey.

Had to spread the rep because I couldn't give you a greenie but yes I agree and what's is his name again because I can look at him all day, at least when my fiancé isn't around.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Physical Attraction [ 47 Answers ]

Do you (married people) think you could marry someone you are physically not attracted to at all. Thank you

How important is the physical attraction? [ 8 Answers ]

Is it possible to have a long lasting relationship (& possibly marriage) to a person you love but you are not physically attracted with? My friends and cousins tell me its VERY IMPORTANT but I disagree because most of my Bf's weren't all love at first thing but I loved all of them because of the...

Should there be physical attraction-looks? [ 3 Answers ]

If you meet a really nice guy that seems to have it all(personality,responsible,trust,honest) have much in common-compatible in a lot of areas,and I guess that is considered chemistry to some. But the head over heels isn't there, but he is this great guy, or the attraction isn't there-physically...

No physical attraction [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for a year and a half. Our marriage has been great and we love each other so much. I have noticed lately though that he doesn't offer to show me any affection anymore and I can't keep his attention for more than 2 seconds. When we first got married he would...

I'm Married... and have developed a major physical attraction to one of employees [ 4 Answers ]

I am a professional, married successful person and have neve had any type of problem with this situation before. It has torn me up inside and I can't hardly figure out how to deal with it. I am a Top-Level Executive that indirectly oversees 200 employees and 25 direct employees. Last...

View more questions Search