Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gephill Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2009, 10:00 AM
    Water well pump not working
    It was around 19 degrees here in GA this AM. I left my water run last night so it would not freze up. This AM all was well untile about 9:30 then the well pump stopped working. It still had about 20lbs of pressure but will not kick back in. Could it be from the cold weather. Thanks for any help.
    wildbillba Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2009, 11:37 AM

I've had the 1/4" sensing line on the pressure switch freeze on mine. It won't know your system pressure has dropped until that ice plug melts.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2009, 02:45 PM

Are the contacts on the switch open or closed? If they are open, then WildBill's observation is a good one. If they are closed, then the problem lies elsewhere.

Also, is the pump submerged or above ground?
    trinity2415 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2009, 03:45 PM
    Well tank is empty pump not running I checked the fuse it is fine
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2009, 06:04 PM

Check the switch. Are the points open or closed?

http://www.inspect-ny.com/water/Pres...tch004DJFs.jpg
    How to adjust water pump pressure, pump cut-on pressure and pump cut-off pressure - private pump and well system do-it-yourself repairs

Is the pump above ground or below ground?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No water in the house/well pump not working [ 12 Answers ]

I have a well house and a pump that is approximately 75 feet down. I had water today when I left today and upon my return 5 hours later there was no water in the house. I changed this pump approx 3 or 4 years ago... where do I begin to test? Could it be frozen?

Water Pump not working [ 2 Answers ]

We had cold weather and we lost our water. It still hasn't come back. We replaced a blown fuse but it still doesn't work. Does the pump come on even if it needs to be primed? It makes no sounds. Does this mean that the motor is burned out? Or do I just need to prime it? Thank you.

View more questions Search