Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jneel1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2008, 08:39 AM
    Can I remove my 18 year old son from my home?
    I have an 18 year old son. When he was 17 he stole my care, spent two nights in jail and has become extremely disrespectful and ugly towards me and his dad. He is a senior in high school and is failing at that we have tried everything that we can think of to get him on the right track. Can we legally remove him from our house? He is 18 after all and legally an adult.

Thanks,

Jnn
    jessebearz Posts: 40, Reputation: 3

Feb 8, 2009, 04:28 AM

Legally you CAN kick him out after 16, he is 18!! If you want him out all you have to do is call the police and ask them to stand by when he removes his stuff from your house. If he refuses or makes a scene they will arrest him and issue him with a restraining order. If he brakes that he will be arested and locked up until court
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 8, 2009, 06:12 AM

You should be able to at 18, but not 16, at 16 you are still liable for their actions.

You have to do a legal eviction.
    jessebearz Posts: 40, Reputation: 3

Feb 8, 2009, 06:14 AM

Yes, I have noticed now that this is in america, in australia it is different.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remove Mother from Home [ 2 Answers ]

I am the legal owner of the home and want to have my mother removed from the home as soon as possible but want it legally done. In addition, I want it done as soon as possible. What is the best way to do this legally. Thank you.

How do I remove someone from my home.legally? [ 1 Answers ]

My wife's aunt moved in my home in December. She pays no rent and has no plans to find a job. I want her to move, she knows it and it seems like she's stalling. How do I put her out without paying out the behind? How does an "Unlawful Detainer" work for me?

Trying to remove relative from home [ 2 Answers ]

I want to kick my sister in law out of my home. She said she has rights. She does not pay any rent . Can I do this and if so how do I go about doing it. Does it matter if she has kids There have been many times she has called police because of stupidness. Because she gets mad. You I know she has...

Failure to remove mobile home [ 2 Answers ]

We had a man renting a mobile home space on our property. We asked him in mid June to please move by September. He bought a home in late August but had some trouble selling the trailer because it was junk. He finally sold it in mid September. My husband told the young man who bought it he wanted it...

I have a 2nd on my home how can I remove it? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a home that has good equity and I would like to move a 2nd that is on a different home over to this home how can I do that with out refinancing?

View more questions Search