Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ho2wild Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2009, 02:54 PM
    How to prepare a 10-column work sheet
    Prepare a 10-column work sheet for fiscal year 2005, starting with the unadjusted trial balance and including adjustments based on these additional facts:
    a. The supplies available at the end of fiscal year 2005 had a cost of $3,200.
    b. The cost of expired insurance for the fiscal year is $3,900.
    c. Annual depreciation on equipment is $8,500.
    d. The June utilities expense of $550 is not included in the unadjusted trial balance because the bill arrived after the trial balance was prepared. The $550 amount owed needs to be recorded.
    e. The company’s employees have earned $1,600 of accrued wages at fiscal year-end.
    f. The rent expense incurred and not yet paid or recorded at fiscal year-end is $200.
    g. Additional property taxes of $900 have been assessed for this fiscal year but have not been paid or recorded in the accounts.
    h. The long-term note payable bears interest at 1% per month. The unadjusted Interest Expense account equals the amount paid for the first 11 months of the 2005 fiscal year. The $240 accrued interest for June has not yet been paid or recorded. (Note that the company is required to make a $5,000 payment toward the note payable during the 2006 fiscal year.)
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2009, 09:44 PM

I have attaached a sample worksheet for you.

Your adjusting entries (#a through #h) will go in the Adjustment columns, then you rebalance your accounts in the Adjusted trial balance columns. Next you transfer your accounts to the appropriate financial statement columns(Income Statement or Balance sheet).
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: xls wanda landoeska company.xls (20.5 KB, 1701 views)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

6 column work sheet [ 3 Answers ]

I have been working on a 6 column work sheet and the adjusted trial balance does not equal, can some one take a look at what I have completed and explain to me where I have went wrong. Here is a copy of the assignment Cash.. . $ 13,000 Accounts receivable.. . 0 Supplies.. . 5,500...

Prepare an accounting work sheet. No idea what I am doing [ 9 Answers ]

The following unadjusted trial balance is for Adams Construction Co. as of the end of its 2005 fiscal year. The June 30, 2004, credit balance of the owner’s capital account was $52,660, and the owner invested $25,000 cash in the company during the 2005 fiscal year. No. ...

10 column work sheet [ 4 Answers ]

I am working on a 10 column work sheet and I am not sure I have done it correctly, I am particularly confused with the Income statement and owners equity portion of the work sheet. Can someone please look it over and let me know if I have done it correctly or explain to me where I have went wrong....

Adjusting journal entries from adjusting column of work sheet [ 2 Answers ]

How can I prepare necessary adjusting journal entries (a) through (e) by using the following information from the Adjustments columns of a 10-column work sheet. Interest recievable (d)$880 Office supplies ...

How do I prepare a 10-column work sheet? [ 1 Answers ]

I have to do a work sheet starting with an unadjusted trial balance and including adjustments. I have no clue where to start or how to do it on excel can anyone please point me in the right direction for some help and maybe some websites that can help??

View more questions Search