Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Don T Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2009, 02:26 PM
    How to stop bitter taste in coffee when I make at home
    When I make coffee at home , using an electric drip type maker, It is always bitter . How do I get rid of the bitter taste. We have used at least six coffee makers and we get the sams
    nike 1 Posts: 167, Reputation: 16
    -

Jan 17, 2009, 02:47 PM
    Try brewing vinegar through it and the water to clear it. Perhaps try using bottled water as well.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 17, 2009, 02:55 PM
    Change you coffee blend or reducing the strength.
    Otherwise some further information about what you mean by Bitter would be good.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2009, 01:37 PM

I always get bitter coffee when I brew Dunkin Donuts coffee, but not when I brew Green Mountain (K-Cup & Whole Bean Coffee, Keurig Brewers & Gifts - Green Mountain Coffee). Actually, I order Green Mountain and have it shipped every two weeks - yes, I'm an addict!

But, I've put cinnamon into the filter basket with the ground coffee before and it seems to reduce the acidity. Someone gave me a couple pounds of DD coffee for Christmas and rather than not use it, I've started to add the spice. It seems to work well.
    brad platt Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2009, 08:04 AM

Try a little touch of salt on top of coffee before brewing it works
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2009, 08:11 AM

I watched a show on Discovery the other day that was all about coffee. I remember the expert saying the longer it sits the more bitter it becomes because the molecules are breaking down.

He also went on about the civet cat coffee, but I'm just not up to that challenge.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2009, 08:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Emland View Post
    He also went on about the civet cat coffee, but I'm just not up to that challenge.
    Meeee neither! Not sure I could do that one... :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to make hot and cold coffee like café [ 3 Answers ]

Can somebody tell me how to make cold or hot coffee like café or suggest me any book that is available on net as freeware

Bitter taste and dry mouth [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I get a bitter taste in my mouth very often. I have been having this problem for a very long time(more than 2 years) also, I feel that my tongue goes a bit dry at times and I suspect it gives out a bad odor. I am a smoker and smoke about 10 cigarets a day. Please advise.

Why won't it stop? What would make it stop? [ 6 Answers ]

I don't know why But I can't let go of my ex. I don't care about anyone else I just want her. It has been going on now for 3 months. People say time will heal, how long of time? It is beginning to destroy my life I don't even want to get out of bed. I feel that I cannot be full again with out her?...

How do I make it stop? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I have this personal preoblem with discharge No matter what I do I get heaps of discharge coming out of me so I have to wear these mini pads so it doesn't get my undies dirty. And don't say it's something that will pass on because I've had this problem for 3 years! PLEASE! HOW DO I...

Foods to make vaginal fluids taste better? [ 7 Answers ]

Are there foods you can eat to make your vaginal fluids taste and smell better? *Edited for language

View more questions Search