rrmcgowan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2009, 02:28 PM
    How do I calculate contribution margin and contribution margin ratio
    Proposal A Proposal B Proposal C
    Selling price $99 $129 $99
    Variable cost 55 129 49
    Contribution margin $44 $0 $50
    Contribution margin ratio

How do I calculate the contribution margin ratio and is the contribution margin correct?

Thank you,
    rrmcgowan
    hamzashakaa Posts: 161, Reputation: 8

Feb 4, 2009, 03:49 AM

The contribution margin is calculated by subtracting the variable cost from the selling price. The contribution margin ratio is calculated by dividing the contribution margin by the selling price.
    leegomezstar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2010, 08:37 AM

What is the CM for each product(revenue-VC)
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2010, 07:08 PM

I'm not sure if you're trying to ask a question, in which case you should start your own thread for your own question, and be more specific about what you're trying to ask.

Or if you're trying to answer, the thread is a year old. I don't think OP cares anymore.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2010, 07:11 PM

Never mind - I see you started another post. This is why it's confusing when you do that, tagging onto someone else's and then double posting the thing. There's a lot of this going on today and it's getting pretty mind boggling.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sales Price per unit, contribution margin ratio [ 1 Answers ]

Having a problem with finding a sales price per unit.

What is the company's contribution margin ratio? [ 2 Answers ]

What is the company's contribution margin ratio? Sales $1,200,000 Variable expenses 800,000 Contribution margin 400,000 Fixed expenses 300,000 Net operating income $100,000

Determine the contribution margin in dollars, per unit, and as a ratio. [ 1 Answers ]

In the month of June, Mandeep's Beauty Salon gave 2,700 haircuts, shampoos, and permanents at an average price of $30. During the month, fixed costs were $18,000 and the variable costs were 75% of sales. How do I calculate the variable costs to determine the contribution margin in dollars, per...

Contribution margin ratio [ 1 Answers ]

Im am trying to figure out how to compute contribution margin ratio. I found the sales mix percentage, but where do I go from there. You can use whatever numbers you want as long as you can give me a break down on how to compute the contribution margin ratio

View more questions Search