Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kdcheck Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2009, 07:35 PM
    Muddy well water
    We have muddy water coming out of our taps and we are on a well system. The hot water is clear sometimes but I think it is just settling at the bottom of the heater. What can we do to clear this. Do well need to be cleaned out?

Kristy
    dasild Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2009, 07:55 PM
    I had this problem with two of my wells. The first one was not deep enough. The second was deeper but still pulled up mud.

I had to install a reverse osmosis system and filter system. I also had arsenic so the reverse osmosis system killed that as well.

How deep is your well?
    How old is your pump?
    Do you have a holding tank?
    How old is your well itself?

D
    kdcheck Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2009, 06:22 PM
    The well is 36ft. It was put in about 6years ago and the pump was new then. I don't know about a holding tank is than inside the house because we have a blue pressure tank.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold water coming out of hot water tap in bathroom but Really hot water in kitchen [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone give me a reason as to why nearly completely cold water is coming out of my hot water tap in my bathroom but when I run the hot water tap in the kitchen the water is nearly boiling. The hot water and cold water taps are separate in the bathroom, where the kitchen has a handle which...

New hot water heater installed, but no hot water pressure. Plenty of cold water? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I own a small plumbing service and have a problem I've never encountered before. I installed a new top vented gas water heater for a customer. Turned the main back on, bled air out of the lines, etc. Problem is there is no hot water pressure throughout the house. Cold water pressure is fine....

Muddy back yard [ 5 Answers ]

Hi - my backyard drops down about 6 feet, into a valley (shared by all neighbors). This time of the year, as the snow melts, my lower backyard becomes a mud bath, and my dogs cannot go out without needing a shower every time. I have two questions: 1. Short-term - What can I do right now to...

Daylight basement water leak, cause by broken water pipe or saturated ground water? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 6 units 3 stories with daylight basement apartment. Build in 1960. Just bought it few months ago. Last year the previous owner had a bad flood in the daylight basement after long period of rain. They cleaned out the area, remodel it. Good for few months, last couple of weeks rain long...

View more questions Search