Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amaraya Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2009, 03:51 PM
    Can't pay mortgage and trying to sell house.
    Hey any help anyone can provide is greatly appreciated...

I bought a home about 6 months ago...
    In just making ends meet I owe two months on my mortgage and so I've put house on market to sell because I don't want to get deeper into debt... I need to sell within 4 months and I don't want to mess up my credit but no matter how hard I try I can't pay it all! Any advice or ideas?? Thanks so much!
    lucytwo2 Posts: 57, Reputation: 2

Feb 3, 2009, 04:43 PM

If you bought it 6 months ago and already owe 2 months your credit is already screwed up.Go on-line and Google "webuyhouses".They can help you with a short sale.Why would you buy a house that you can't afford?

Feb 3, 2009, 04:56 PM

I bought the house with a (now)x who was going to split the payments with me... well, now I am left with the house and payments... I wouldn't have bought the house on my own.
    Larry T Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2009, 02:40 PM

Ouch, that sucks. Maybe try to find a suitable roommate short term to help with the payments. Make it clear that you are trying to sell the house. Who knows what may happen. The roommate may actually want to buy it from you.

Worth a shot !
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 4, 2009, 03:52 PM

1. find room mates to rent till you can sell

2. find a renter for the hosue at near the payment

Put it on the market at the loan value but let the real estate agent know you would be OK with a short sale if the mortgage company will accept it
    lucytwo2 Posts: 57, Reputation: 2

Feb 5, 2009, 05:56 PM

OK, Try to get a roommate.Ask for 1 month rent and a security deposit.Call the bank and tell them the situatrion and ask for a deferred payment.
    judy sahagian Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2009, 12:01 AM
    Comment on lucytwo2's post
    You don't have to do a short sale if you want to stay in you house you can go for h4h check out lendamerica.com

Feb 10, 2009, 03:15 PM
    Thanks so much everyone for their input... I know the situation does suck... but I am pretty positive it'll work out , just stressed in the meantime. As for the room-mate situation, I have thought of this- even put an ad in for a room-mate but honestly, I have an 8year old boy and the thought of having a stranger in the house, using the same bathroom and kitchen was a little unnerving, although after interviewing a couple people (women, I know it's sexist, but I'm sure you all understand!) I realized that the house isn't really big enough for a room-mate to feel comfortable- it's a 2.5 bedroom bungalow. Luckily, my r.e agent is really great and helpful so I think it'll sell soon... I'm just not sure what to do about my payments in the meantime- if I pay the mortgage, the car, oil, gas, etc don't get paid... and here in ny it is cold! I am not eligible for state help- I guess at this point in time everyone hurting financially. I just wasn't sure if there was a way to compensate for the monthly payments... but I do appreciate everyone's input because it was helpful and kind...
    kurty1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2011, 10:42 PM
    Hi amarya

I have got a solution for your problem if you would like to contact me feel free to email

Kind regards
    Kurt
    [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't want to sell my house [ 2 Answers ]

I was planning to sell my house and I have signed the commitment, but now I want to give up. What can happen if I don't sell my house? What should I pay?

We might have to sell our house, because the bank messed up on our mortgage. [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently declared bankruptcy. My husband hasn't. We just got a notice in the mail stating a refined payment notice on our fixed mortgage that we've had for 2 years. Apparently upon getting the mortgage 2years ago someone messed up and quoted us wrong on our taxes. They were too low, and they...

Do I pay sell my stock, pay off my mortgage or credit card debt? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Here are my dilemmas. I own a two family home worth $925,000. I have $95K and five years left on this mortgage. This home gives me about $1,200 in income AFTER expenses are paid each month. I don't live in this home. I have $135K in a 401K and approximately $135K in stock. I have...

1st mortgage and HELOC can we sell? [ 2 Answers ]

We still owe on a first mortgage and we have a HELOC. Can we put our home on the market and use the proceeds to pay off the HELOC? We are pretty sure with the sale we would receive enough to cover both.

View more questions Search