Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2009, 04:48 AM
    Possible Monetary Value of 1978 United States Proof Set
    Hi!

I'm wanting to know the possible monetary value of a 1978 United States Proof set.

I think that the mint mark on all of the coins is "D". All of the coins are encased together in hard plastic.

Thanks!
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2009, 09:06 PM

CLOUGH- I never thought I'D be answering a Question on coins for you < BUT IM SURE GLAD TO THOUGH< FIRST I WIL GIVE YOU THE VALUE ON UNC<><SETS;; 1978,"P"& "D" sets; ISSUE PRICE_ $7.00 ;;CURRENT VALUE _$9.00:: NOW ON THE PROOF SETS: THERE WAS ONLY ( S ) MINT MARK MADE IN THE PROOF SETS: :: ISSUE PRICE- (.$9.00);;
    ( CURRENT VALUE< )($ 9.00) :: I hope I have answered your question:: IF I CAN HELP YOU ANY MORE JUST HOLLER AS WENS SAY DONNTIS WAY: Well we lost all the snow we had today, didn't last long,but it was pretty;;
    CLOUGH YOU HAVE A BETTER DAY TOMORROW AND GOD BLESS ANDPEACE TO YOU ALWAYS:: F.B.E.
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2009, 12:45 AM
    Thanks, Flying Blue Eagle!

I was taking a guess at the mint mark because I can't see by my computer very well and didn't have my magnifying glass.

Hmmm... I was hoping that it would be potentially worth more than $9.00. Are you still using the 2008 Red Book?

Also, does it make a difference in the possible price if the set is in one of those really nice, hard plastic cases that fold out?

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2009, 07:58 PM

c lough _ good evening< hope youer doing ok : i'm doing ok :: if this is a mint proff set<and it came that way< the sets usely come sealed and no one goesby that on the price value,of the setthat price was out of the 2009 red book:: i thought that as old as it is that it would be more in value by now < when i looked it up <i was really surprised
    probably in a very few years it will be worth more :: now one thing that will make it more vauleable right now is :: a collector that does not have that certain year proof set < ( will pay a much higher price for it ; i have seen this happen at estate actons:: : will i will let you go for now and talk to you latter:: have a better day tomorrow>and god bless :: f.b.e.
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2009, 09:40 PM

Thank you for that valuable and informative additional information, Flying Blue Eagle!

I'm glad that you're now using the 2009 Red Book!

I have some other proof sets and will be posting about them on other threads.

Thanks!

God's Love and Peace to you!
    SaraKammeraad Posts: 82, Reputation: 2

Feb 1, 2009, 10:16 AM

Currently from the information that I have available this set is worth $13.00 resale. Of course that is not a buyers market price, meaning people who buy only for resale will not pay this amount.
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2009, 07:35 PM

SARA _ what BOOK or you looking at?? For your information b?? THANKS F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Flying within the United States [ 1 Answers ]

I am Canadian, driving over the border to Buffalo, flying from Buffalo to Florida, do I need a passport? One airline says yes the other one says no.

Population of the united states [ 1 Answers ]

Hello... My question is: How is the population of the united states distributed? :confused:

Travelling to the United States [ 1 Answers ]

I've been charged with a crime but haven't been convicted of anything. The charge I'm facing is fraud under for stealing money from my employer. Would this bring up any problems at the border? I'm coming from Canada.

United States Military [ 5 Answers ]

I am looking for someone who has been in the military or knows a lot about the military, preferably the Navy. I have a question I need to ask and I only want the opinion of someone who knows about the military. Is there anyone out there?

United states immigrants [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: what 3 things that immigrants have brought to the united states

View more questions Search