Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Johannes W Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2009, 11:20 AM
    Kenmore dryer squeaks
    My dryer makes a squeaky sound when just turned on. After a while it is gone. What can I do and How do I open the dryer to check.

Kenmore Dryer model c110 -88400880
    Serial no 9dj34651
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2009, 06:37 PM

Johannesw - THE seals and bearings get dry after all the heat from drying clothes:: I have used and also told several people to take some (three in one oil in a long spout container and squirt some down around the front and back ,right in the center of the drum where the center axle is :: this will quite it down for awhile but you will have to sometime soon break down and put some high temp greese in the bearings the 3 in 1 oil lasts for awhile tho:: good luck AND GOD BLESS;; F.B.E.
    Johannes W Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2009, 11:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Blue Eagle View Post
    Johannesw - THE seals and bearings get dry after all the heat from drying clothes:: i have used and also told several people to take some (three in one oil in a long spout container and squirt some down around the front and back ,right in the center of the drum where the center axle is :: this will quite it down for awhile but you will have to sometime soon break down and put some high temp greese in the bearings the 3 in 1 oil lasts for awhile tho:: good luck AND GOD BLESS;; F.B.E.
    Thanks very much, I will certainly try this and keep you posted.

Johannes
    rwinterton Posts: 289, Reputation: 15

Jan 30, 2009, 09:06 PM
    The axles of the wheels that the drum rolls on may also be failing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore stackable washer/dryer squeaks [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore model 417.98702892 that has developed a tereible squeak. What is the easiest way to replace the felt pad on the drum?

Kenmore 80 Dryer Squeaks During the whole Drying Cycle [ 2 Answers ]

My Kenmore 80 Dryer squeaks the entire cycle. I would like some help on what to look for and then possibly do it myself. It dries the clothes and works but is incredibly annoying.:eek:

Kenmore Stackable Dryer/Washer Dryer Squeaks [ 1 Answers ]

We have developed a squeak in the dryer. It does heat okay and clothes are tumbling well. I went online to get the schematics of the dryer drum, but would not know where to start as parts are numbered and not named. Help:confused:

View more questions Search