Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    serene Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2006, 07:58 PM
    Vitamins to enhance arousal
    I am looking for vitamins that will enhance sexual arousal. I have researched on the internet and found Gingko, Damiana, Vitamin E, and zinc. I was wondering if there are any more that I haven't found. Also, if anyone knows more about loss of sexual desire and how to fix it, please let me know. Thank you.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 10, 2006, 06:20 AM
    I should start knowing your age, sex, and relationship status. This plays an important role in hormones and sexual desire. Also, are you taking any medications as medications tend to decrease sexual arousal.

With that being said, Vitamin E does not play a role whatsoever in desire. Vitamin E deficiency is rare, however an excess of Vitamin E can cause hypertension (high blood pressure) so you should stay away from Vitamin E unless your doctor as tested and found a deficiency.

Zinc is involved in digestion, respiration, and bone and liver metabolism. It is also necessary for normal healing and maintaining the integrity of the skin. Therefore, it does not come into play when discussing sexual desire.

Damiana has been used as an aphrodisiac, but only in rats. There have been no clinical studies on humans at this point. So, it would be safe to stay away from any herbal supplement that has not been in any clinical studies with humans as we do not know how this can affect us.

Here is the info on Gingko:
    Ginkgo leaves have been used for improving blood flow, memory loss due to certain brain problems (e.g. Alzheimer's disease, stroke), as well as for relieving dizziness, and for ringing in the ears. (medscape.com)

You must consider diet and exercise as well as drug or alcohol intake also.
    serene Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2006, 07:00 PM
    I am a 27 year old female, who is living with a 26 year old male. I've been researching my problem and it sounds like Female Sexual Arousal Disorder, or Inhibited Sexual arousal. I may be wrong. I researched aphrodisiacs, and I found listings for all the vitamins and herbs I listed above. I feel like my health is causing the issue. So next week I am joining to a gym . I'm sure that will really help. I'd also like to take vitamins to help as well. It's been so long since I have been the one to seduce my boy friend, that I'm starting to feel self-consciounce. I know that doesn't help either. It seems like they have all sorts of things to help men, but not women.
    Alcyone456 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2010, 07:35 PM
    Haha the bunny definitely hit his head on your answer. Damiana has a history of centuries of use as an aphrodisiac with all kinds of testimonies from medical professionals going back to about 1870 and it's widely available. I found a huge article on it here - http://www.aphrodisiacs-info.com/damiana.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dr. James or Vitamins USA [ 15 Answers ]

I would like to know if Dr. James caps are available in USA. I know we have to get them from Phi. Is it cheaper to get Dr. James from Phil than buying Glutathione caps in USA? Are there any Dr. James users who I can pool with to get caps to save money I shipping and all? Thanks

Which Vitamins promote healing? [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering if you could tell me which Vitamins or Supplements are known to promote healing?

Nutrition/Vitamins [ 17 Answers ]

I'm a very picky eater.. and I don't get enough iron or vitamins.. and I don't like to eat meat that much.. and I've been getting really dizzy.. and I've had to give blood because I almost fainted.. and I keep on getting really dizzy when I get up or when I start walking around.. and I'm not sure...

Please I need help?. any1 know of a good vitamins?. [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone use Andrew Lessman Healthy Hair, Skin and Nails?. If so can you please let me know what it does and does it work?. Or do you know of any good vitamins and or supplements that is good for the hair,nail and or skin?. my hair has been dropping very badly and my hair is becoming thiner?....

Shelf life of vitamins [ 1 Answers ]

What is the "shelf life" of vitamin E, also of "Omega-3" capsules? Is it, can it be useful or harmful to take same after expiry date of one year or more? Many thanks !

View more questions Search