Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Slybone Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2009, 08:22 PM
    For how long is Alcohol detectable through urine
    Hello,

Let me start by saying that I already looked at this article (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/crimin...ol-103834.html) and it did not provide the answers I was looking for.

It is estimated that it takes 1 hour and 15 minutes for your body to metabolize 1 standard drink. What exactly does that mean? After the alcohol is metabolized is it still able to be detected via urine?
    If I were to take 10-15 "standard drinks" (shots) in a night (lets say starting at 10 PM and ending at 1 AM) how long would I have to wait until I were able to pass a urine sample? (at what time the next day would I pass the exam)

Does drinking massive amounts of water / exercising really have a effect on the results?

I am not an alcoholic, I was referred to the PC.1000 program for possession of a controlled substance. This program rules state that I cannot drink for 4 months, my 21st is soon and I guarantee you that I am not planning on staying sober for it (or even before it). I believe that I should abstain from all drug usage but I believe that it is irrelevant to include alcohol in the stipulations.

Jan 26, 2009, 08:27 PM
    False Positive for Alcohol Testing
    Hello,

I was curious as to what could cause a false positive in a urine test for alcohol consumption that does NOT use the EtG testing method.
    MarkwithaK Posts: 955, Reputation: 107

Jan 26, 2009, 08:28 PM

It doesn't matter what you believe. It does matter however what the courts believe. You messed up. You got caught. Now you have to deal with the consequences.

Jan 26, 2009, 08:30 PM

It is not court order for me not to consume alcohol. My lawyer made sure that they did not require me from abstain from alcohol consumption. It is however the programs policy.

Jan 26, 2009, 08:31 PM

First you ask this:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/crimin...ne-309133.html
    And now you come with this? Seems like you are looking ahead for when you fail your test.

Jan 26, 2009, 08:33 PM

MarkwithaK:
    If I was looking for moral and/or ethical advice I would have made sure to put it in the appropriate section.

Jan 26, 2009, 08:36 PM

I understand that but you are asking for advice as how to go about breaking the law as it were in your case.

Jan 26, 2009, 08:37 PM

It is not breaking the law if I am not mandated by the court to abstain from alcohol.

... which I was not

Jan 26, 2009, 08:54 PM

Really? Because in your othe post you said otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Slybone View Post
    This program rules state that I cannot drink for 4 months

Jan 26, 2009, 08:56 PM

Correct, that is not the law. That is a program I enrolled myself in to help with my use of controlled substances, not for alcohol. If the court wanted me to stay sober they would have checked off the little box that says Release Conditions: Abstain from Alcohol.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2009, 08:56 PM

Actually, slybone, you posted in your other thread that you are under 21. If you are living in the states, that is against the law to purchase, possess, and consume alcohol.

With that said, yes, your lawyer made sure that it was not court-mandated that you do not consume alcohol, however, it is the program's policy. Because it is the program's policy, it is the program's rule.

If they are testing you using urine and NOT EtG, the urine test usually detects alcohol for up to 3 - 4 days.

Drinking tons of water will only dilute the urine, and you will fail the test.

Adding any substance or taking any detox substance will be detected by the lab, and you will fail the test.

If there were a false positive, chances are, they'll make you retake the test right then and there. The unfortunate thing about it is that if you're in a program, I'm pretty sure they're keen on people having "false positives" quite often.

Good luck bud.

Jan 26, 2009, 09:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny View Post
    If they are testing you using urine and NOT etg, the urine test usually detects alcohol for up to 3 - 4 days.
    Thank you for your response. Do you have a source of the above quote?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2009, 06:38 AM

I read that alcohol can be detected 48 hours AFTER it has metabolized - it would be the number of drinks times the time frame plus 48 hours.
    longislandduck Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2009, 07:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Slybone View Post
    It is not court order for me not to consume alcohol. My lawyer made sure that they did not require me from abstain from alcohol consumption. It is however the programs policy.
    Same with me. Totally ridiculous. From the research I am doing, an EtG urine test can detect alcohol that has been in your system for up to 80 hours. Drink lots of water and take creatine available at gnc to show you are not diluting your urine. That is if you chose to drink. If not, don't worry.
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2009, 07:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by longislandduck View Post
    Same with me. Totally ridiculous. From the research I am doing, an etg urine test can detect alcohol that has been in your system for up to 80 hours. Drink lots of water and take creatine available at gnc to show you are not diluting your urine. That is if you chose to drink. If not, don't worry.

This is a January 2009 thread, long dead.
    erica1927 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2010, 01:57 PM
    I believe it is 3-4 days if they use a EtG test, if they use the other test it's only hours.

**In response to MarkwithaK he stated that the program he is in requires him to abstain from alcohol NOT the court therefore NO LAW BREAKING**
    Uber Member

May 11, 2010, 02:21 PM

Erika, did you read that this is a very old thread, long "dead"?

Please check the dates - there are other, far more pressing questions on the same subject.
    erica1927 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2010, 02:28 PM

I just notice the date after I posted, oops, I'm an !
    Uber Member

May 11, 2010, 02:37 PM

Everybody does it. I've certainly been known to do it - no problem, just a heads up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How long will alcohol take to leave my urine for a urine analysis? [ 19 Answers ]

Last night between 9:30 PM and 11:00 PM, I consumed about Four 80 Proof shots mixed with orange juice. Today I took urine analysis at 3:00 PM, approximately 16 hours after my last drink. I weigh 150 pounds and am about 5'11''. Do you think there will still be alcohol content?

Alcohol urine test [ 5 Answers ]

I drank Saturday night, had my last drink at about 1030pm and now its Monday and I have to go test for probation, do you think I will pass?

How long is percocet detectable in the blood [ 2 Answers ]

I need to no how long percocet is decteable in a blood test ty

How long does alcohol stay in the urine? [ 5 Answers ]

I stopped drinking at 2am last Monday and was given a urine test on Tuesday at 1015 am or so for probation would alcohol show up on my test?

View more questions Search