Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bill Reid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2009, 09:33 AM
    Kohler K181 with no spark at plug
    Hi,

I have an Allen Mayfield two wheel tractor with a Kohler K181t engine. Magneto version.

Had trouble starting it and had no spark so I have replaced the magneto on it tried various spark plugs/ condensers and still it will only produce a really weal spark round the spark plug if at all. Not enough to fire it up.

I checked the points and they are fine at 0.20"

I'm baffled any ideas?

Thanks Bill::confused:
    1983nab Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2009, 03:05 PM

The only thing I can tell you its got to be something the points try sanding them very thoroughly I had trouble with the something
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jan 24, 2009, 05:39 PM

Hi,
    The K-181 was extremely bad about blowing head gaskets. I can not recommend the originals; try a search for a copper,one
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Briggs 14.5 hp ohv - No spark to spark plug [ 1 Answers ]

Was mowing tall grass when it died. At first there was a small spark at the plug but now there is none. Had been having to use pickup to jump start the Huskee 38" riding mower. Where can I find a schematic for this engine. Model 287707 Type 1224-E1 Code 000531ZD

Spark plug gap [ 3 Answers ]

What should the Plug gap be for a 99 Kia Sephia and where is the Fuel Pump located on this car?

Black soot on the spark plug,is it the plug. [ 1 Answers ]

My lawn mower plug has black soot on it, what could be the cause of the plug fouling out? It is a 6.0 B&S motor, also is there a certain gap for the plug and if so what is it? This problem just recently came up after 3 years of use and I don't understand what happen.:confused:

Kohler Engine K181s No spark? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1975 Wheel horse lawn tractor. It has a Kohler Model k181s motor in it. Recently it died while I was mowing. I replaced a bad coil wire. A coil that was leaking some type of fluid, and the spark plug. Still I have no spark... what do I replace next? :(

Don't get spark from my spark plug wire [ 1 Answers ]

I get spark from my spark plug wire sometimes when I don't the jeep don't start Why I don't get spark sometimes?

View more questions Search